Windows 10: Remote desktop on second monitor won't work in 16:9

Discus and support Remote desktop on second monitor won't work in 16:9 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to use a remote desktop window on a second monitor attached to my laptop, but when full screened in a 16:9 aspect ratio the screen just foes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by drewmedeiros, May 29, 2020.

1. Remote desktop on second monitor won't work in 16:9

I'm trying to use a remote desktop window on a second monitor attached to my laptop, but when full screened in a 16:9 aspect ratio the screen just foes black. Ive tried many different resolutions and only the standard 4k 1440p and 1080p cause the black screen to happen. Even when manually scaling the window if you drag it to a 16:9 ratio it will black the screen

:)

drewmedeiros, May 29, 2020

2. 5 monitors on Remote Desktop

I have an issue with Microsoft Remote Desktop.

I am running 5 monitors on an 580 AMD 8GB GPU.

This was working fine locally and on the remote desktop - however now when I try to connect to the remote, it only allows one monitor on the remote desktop. If I unplug any one of the monitors, I can get 4 of the monitors to work over the remote.

Not sure if this is to do with an AMD update, remote, or my GPU. I don't think it is the GPU as this powers all five perfectly well, and I also switch on my motherboards DVI port and ran one monitor off that and 4 on the GPU, and still didn't work.

Any suggestions welcome....

FairlyLocal, May 29, 2020
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 29, 2020
  4. subspacer Win User

Remote desktop on second monitor won't work in 16:9

Remote Desktop stopped working properly after changing GPU

Im afraid not. I understand this, and the remote computer has the same resolution as the second monitor RDP usually works on. Manually setting the remote desktop size just shows the error message in a window on the second screen.

The only way to make it connect seems to be to tick "use all monitors", at which point it works but by extending the desktop from my first 1440p screen to the second...

subspacer, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Remote desktop on second monitor won't work in 16:9

1. Remote desktop on second monitor won't work in 16:9 - Similar Threads - Remote desktop second

2. Remote Desktop not expanding screen to second monitor in version 1.2.5105.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop not expanding screen to second monitor in version 1.2.5105.0: Today 2024/01/11, I updated the version of the remote desktop application to 1.2.5105.0, when I started using it I noticed that it was no longer expanding the screen to my number 1 monitor, even though I selected this in the settings print. As I didn't want to change the...
  3. Remote Desktop not expanding screen to second monitor in version 1.2.5105.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop not expanding screen to second monitor in version 1.2.5105.0: Today 2024/01/11, I updated the version of the remote desktop application to 1.2.5105.0, when I started using it I noticed that it was no longer expanding the screen to my number 1 monitor, even though I selected this in the settings print. As I didn't want to change the...
  4. My laptop is 3:2 and my second monitor 16:9. Taskbar looks innecesarry bigger in the monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is 3:2 and my second monitor 16:9. Taskbar looks innecesarry bigger in the monitor.: Hi!I recently bought a monitor 16:9 and the scale doesn't resize when I set it to smallest scale. It stays the same. The taskbar looks so big and I want to take advantage of the screen size :. The scale is at 100% for both screens. My laptop 3:2 is 2k and my monitor 16:9 is...
  5. My laptop is 3:2 and my second monitor 16:9. Taskbar looks innecesarry bigger in the monitor.

My laptop is 3:2 and my second monitor 16:9. Taskbar looks innecesarry bigger in the monitor.: Hi!I recently bought a monitor 16:9 and the scale doesn't resize when I set it to smallest scale. It stays the same. The taskbar looks so big and I want to take advantage of the screen size :. The scale is at 100% for both screens. My laptop 3:2 is 2k and my monitor 16:9 is...
  6. Second monitor not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not working on desktop: I've been using dual monitors for a year now. A week ago, my motherboard was changed due to a malfunction. When the PC comes home, there is no image on my side screen even though I have made all the connections. Things I've tried: - I connected the monitor to a laptop....
  7. Second monitor not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not working on desktop: I've been using dual monitors for a year now. A week ago, my motherboard was changed due to a malfunction. When the PC comes home, there is no image on my side screen even though I have made all the connections. Things I've tried: - I connected the monitor to a laptop....
  8. Second monitor not working on desktop

9. Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar: When maximized on the first monitor, the local computer's taskbar stays on top on the second. This isn't the case if I maximize it on my second monitor. Has anyone else had this issue since the last Windows update? submitted by /u/asdfasdff3wer [link] [comments]...
  10. Ultra Wide monitors (16:9 ratio) doesn't work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ultra Wide monitors (16:9 ratio) doesn't work on Windows 10: Does Windows 10 not support 2560x1080 resolution? I cannot select this anywhere in the settings nor the properties of the monitors. I tried reinstalling drivers without luck. The resolutions automatically selects on my Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8, but will not allow me to...