Windows 10: Remote desktop on Windows 10

Discus and support Remote desktop on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am connecting to a windows 10 PRO machine using RDP (Remmina on Ubunut 18.04 LTS). It works without flaw except when I reboot the windows 10 machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kári, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Kári Win User

Remote desktop on Windows 10

I am connecting to a windows 10 PRO machine using RDP (Remmina on Ubunut 18.04 LTS).

It works without flaw except when I reboot the windows 10 machine I have to login to the machine using physical keyboard/screen. After that I can connect with the Remmina client, disconnect etc. It seems that that the RDP service on the windows 10 machine is not running until a user (with RDP enabled) logs in. The RDP services are set to "Automatic" Start in the services app.

Is it possible to have windows 10 come out of the reboot with RDP service enabled and accepting connections?

:)

Kári, Aug 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Remote desktop on Windows 10

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Remote desktop on Windows 10

1. Remote desktop on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remote desktop

2. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  3. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  4. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...: Hello.I have an issue with Windows 10 RDP.I have 2 computers on a local network, Computer B and computer C. I connect to this network using a VPN solution.Computer B has a username and password. I have no problems connecting to this computer.Computer C doesnt have a password,...
  6. Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...

Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...: Hello.I have an issue with Windows 10 RDP.I have 2 computers on a local network, Computer B and computer C. I connect to this network using a VPN solution.Computer B has a username and password. I have no problems connecting to this computer.Computer C doesnt have a password,...
  7. Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How to transfer Big Files to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer Big Files to Remote Desktop: [IMG]This post shows how to transfer large files from a Remote Desktop to a local machine or vice versa in Windows 11/10. We discuss how to copy large files over 2 GB in a Remote Desktop Session on a Windows server or client machine. What is the maximum file size transfer for...
  9. I cannot use remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  10. I cannot use remote desktop connection

I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 rdp midentity