Windows 10: Remote Desktop option disabled

Discus and support Remote Desktop option disabled in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Team, I am using windows 10 .I have issues to access with Remote Desktop .I did not see any settings related to Remote Desktop . i can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by madhuchilipi, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Remote Desktop option disabled

Hi Team,

I am using windows 10 .I have issues to access with Remote Desktop .I did not see any settings related to Remote Desktop .

i can see option for Remote access .Could you please help me how to get Remote Desktop option .

Thanks
    Madhu

:)

madhuchilipi, Jan 5, 2016

2. Gaining Unauthorized Access to My Computer

Hi, Do you mean they are using something like Remote desktop connection or TeamViewer to take control of your PC? Don't worry, there are options available in Windows to prevent remote access. For remote desktop connection, you can use the following article
    to disable RDP later when you don't want it. Enable, Disable Remote Desktop Connection in Windows 10 For other Software's like Teamviewer, when you disable them from running no one can take access to your computer. Generally talking giving remote access
    to your PC can be dangerous, if the party isn't trustworthy. Take caution(though you might need not to if it is a company)

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    how do I delete a desktop off remote desktop connection?

Hi,

To disable Remote Desktop Connection, please follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for SystemPropertiesRemote.exe
      and hit Enter to open the Remote tab of the
      System Properties options. Type in the password if prompted.
    • Under Remote Desktop, you will see three options:

• Don’t allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)
    • Select the desired option, and click on Apply, and then
      OK
      to save the settings.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jan 5, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Remote Desktop option disabled

Welcome to the forum.

What edition of Windows 10 are you using? The home edition does not support Remote Desktop as a host and will not have the settings you are looking for. If that is the case you will need a third party alternative.

LMiller7, Jan 5, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Everyone is using Teamviewer at this point, because there is still a huge security problem with RDP, that Microsoft has never resolved. The only way to use RDP, would to have Windows Pro on all machines. Also third party Internet Security Software is the main cause of these types of issues.

Teamviewer is a lot more secure than RDP is

bro67, Jan 5, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    I use RDP all the time. What is this security problem you are referring to?

lx07, Jan 5, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Have you heard of these things called Search Engines? They are really great tools.

There are still a bunch of Zero Day flaws for RDP & FIPS that Microsoft has not fixed.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remote Desktop option disabled

1. Remote Desktop option disabled - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop option

2. How to disable the option to turn off the PC on remote desktop control?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable the option to turn off the PC on remote desktop control?: Hello,If I connect to remote desktop, I have three options to choose from.Obviously, I don't want to turn it off, not even by mistake, so I wanted to disable this option. However, how do I do this? Normally this can be set in the control panels, but in this case it isn't...
  3. How to disable the option to turn off the PC on remote desktop control?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the option to turn off the PC on remote desktop control?: Hello,If I connect to remote desktop, I have three options to choose from.Obviously, I don't want to turn it off, not even by mistake, so I wanted to disable this option. However, how do I do this? Normally this can be set in the control panels, but in this case it isn't...
  4. How to disable the option to turn off the PC on remote desktop control?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disabling Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Remote Desktop: Hi, I need help disabling the check mark on the Remote Desktop that says “change settings to allow remote connections to this computer” for some reason when I uncheck it, it does not allow me to apply the changes. Can I have some help on this issue and how to possibly apply...
  6. Is remote desktop the best option?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is remote desktop the best option?: So, I have a PC desktop at home which is my main computer and a 2019 macbook pro 15, which I use for work and travel. I have been spending more and more time outside the house and unable to use my main computer. Is remote desktop the best way to use my computer while I am...
  7. secure remote desktop option?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    secure remote desktop option?: I'd like to set up a way to remotely access my mom's laptop so I can help her with random minor issues using windows and the internet when I'm not at her house. I was looking into installing the RDP wrapper to enable remote desktop on her Win10 PC, but then read that it's a...
  8. secure remote desktop option?

in Windows 10 Support
    secure remote desktop option?: I'd like to set up a way to remotely access my mom's laptop so I can help her with random minor issues using windows and the internet when I'm not at her house. I was looking into installing the RDP wrapper to enable remote desktop on her Win10 PC, but then read that it's a...
  9. Disabling remote audio driver in Microsoft Remote Desktop

Disabling remote audio driver in Microsoft Remote Desktop: I'm running Windows 10 and connecting into my desktop from a second PC using Microsoft Remote Desktop. Is there a way to disable the 'Remote Audio' driver on the host PC? I want to be able to control the audio settings on the host PC separate from the 'Remote Audio'...
  10. Disable Remote Desktop

Disable Remote Desktop: Hi everybody, Anyone knows a working way to DISABLE "Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer" via Registry only?! I searched and found something on the web but none works, Windows 10 Enterprise... Thanks indeed *Smile 64193