Windows 10: Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10

Discus and support Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Some users have reported that the Allow remote connections to this computer are greyed out and by default, the Don’t allow remote connections... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 10, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Bob77 Win User

Remote Desktop options greyed out

Hi,
    Hoping this is the correct area for this issue and that maybe someone has some suggestions because I have been unable to find anything.

It's quite simple, the Remote Desktop options have both become greyed out. The 'allow remote help requests' is still available.

I have seen posts saying to check group policy, but I have done that and I have no group policy settings set.

Any thoughts or suggestions much appreciated.

Thank you.

Bob77, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Angahran Win User
    Both remote desktop options are greyed out Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10 :(

Hi,

I have Windows 10, latest build.

On previous builds I had enabled the Remote Desktop.

However, I went to look at them and found that both options are greyed out.

So I cannot select either "Don't allow remote connections to this computer" or "Allow remote connections to this computer".

I've tried google but all I find is pages saying how to setup Remote Desktop and they just say, 'select the Allow remote connections to this computer' option.... but I can't Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10 :(

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks.

Angahran, Aug 10, 2020
  4. techpun Win User

Remote Desktop Options

I have Windows 7 machine which is on 24/7 which I would like to remote into with security and ease kept in mind. What are your suggestions? Is RDP good enough?

techpun, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop option

2. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  3. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  4. Remote Desktop Connection - Local Resources Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop Connection - Local Resources Greyed Out: Hi,I've been using Remote Desktop Connection for work, for over 6 months now and was using my webcam and its mic while using my remote desktop. To do this I activated using them through the Local Resources option in the settings for the RDC.However, as of a week ago my IT had...
  5. index option greyed out

in Cortana
    index option greyed out: index option greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/index-option-greyed-out/c5624f66-4b32-48b5-b9d5-680c2c4165ce
  6. Windows 10, spatial sound options greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, spatial sound options greyed out: for some time now i have been having this problem that is not having spatial sound although i connected my headphones and dolby access does not see my headphones and even sonic headphones for windows does not work too so and in the playback device section when i choose my...
  7. Taskbar option greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar option greyed out: I tried to find the English correspondent to that option and I guess that, due to its position, it's about the taskbar buttons badges. My system: [img] English version: [img] Any idea why it is greyed out? My system is Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.292). Thanks in...
  8. Fingerprint option is greyed out in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint option is greyed out in Windows 10: Hi, I have tried all options given in various forums but still the Finger print option doesn't get highlighted.'I have checked device driver in Device settings, updated local GPO, dis-joined laptop from Domain but still same issue persists. I'm having dell Vostro 5471, i...
  9. Windows 10 "install font" option greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "install font" option greyed out: Hello, I am trying to change the font in Windows 10, but the "install font" option is grayed out. [img] As you can see, the "install" option is grayed out and I can't install it. Any suggestions? Thanks! 24686
  10. Remote Desktop options greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop options greyed out: Hi, Hoping this is the correct area for this issue and that maybe someone has some suggestions because I have been unable to find anything. It's quite simple, the Remote Desktop options have both become greyed out. The 'allow remote help requests' is still available. I...