Windows 10: Remote desktop printer redirection not working until reboot, Windows 10

Discus and support Remote desktop printer redirection not working until reboot, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have an important employee who is working from home and using a redirected printer with Remote Desktop. Will print via work machine, but will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrentBH, Jul 13, 2020.

1. BrentBH Win User

Remote desktop printer redirection not working until reboot, Windows 10

Hi,

I have an important employee who is working from home and using a redirected printer with Remote Desktop. Will print via work machine, but will then print out at home. The redirected printing will often stop working until the host system is rebooted. Then it works for a while again.

We can't spend the time to constantly reboot when this happens.

1 We swapped out the home computer which was an older Win7 machine with a Windows 10 one. Same problem still happening.

2 I have read to install the remote printer's drivers on the host machine. I am doing that shortly to try it out.

3 I will also check the event log.

What else can I try please?

Thanks for your help!!

:)

BrentBH, Jul 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 is not redirecting my printer during a remote desktop session

First thank you for your response.

• Both systems (local and remote) have the same latest printer driver downloaded from the manufacturer.
    • When I mentioned that the issue was resolve on previous opportunities, I was referring to another occasion with a different printer and other versions of Windows and Hardware, but with a similar redirection problem.

Its Remote Desktop that sensitive to different driver version on each side, I was always with the impression that the local system will share its printer drivers (provided that the printer local resource is checked) to the remote system when the local printer
    was not configured on the remote system. In my case, my local printer was not configured on the remote system, and the redirection never worked, that when I decide to create a dummy printer on the remote system with the same drivers, but it didn'y worked either.

Hope this information helps you have a better picture of the scenario.

Yours,

Juan Santaella

Juan Andres Santaella, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Reddiyar Win User
    Remote Desktop redirected printer is not printing

Dear Respect,

Thanks in Advance,

In the Remote Desktop, Client local printer redirected, But Print Document is not printing on local printer.

What may be reason.

Same printer if i share and use, it is working

Client Machine having windows 10 version, RDP. and Access machine having Server 2012r2

Please and Thanks

Reddiyar, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Remote desktop printer redirection not working until reboot, Windows 10

Windows 10 is not redirecting my printer during a remote desktop session

We try a separate connection from another Windows 7 Local System that have a Brother Printer directly attached to it via USB to the remote system using the remote desktop software, but regardless, remote desktop did not redirect the printer to the local
    directly connect Brother printer.

Juan Andres Santaella, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Remote desktop printer redirection not working until reboot, Windows 10

1. Remote desktop printer redirection not working until reboot, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remote desktop printer

2. Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot: I have a client who works from home via RDP and until a week ago she didn't have any problem with printing on a local printer. A week ago the problem started. She's using two different computers to connect to the remote computer and the problem is consistent with both. When...
  3. Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot: I have a client who works from home via RDP and until a week ago she didn't have any problem with printing on a local printer. A week ago the problem started. She's using two different computers to connect to the remote computer and the problem is consistent with both. When...
  4. Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions: Hello.My team is making some changes on the server infrastructure and we are going through a real pain trying to redirect printers.We have an old server which is working fine and redirecting the printers without any problem.We copied the same settings but in Windows Server...
  6. Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions

Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions: Hello.My team is making some changes on the server infrastructure and we are going through a real pain trying to redirect printers.We have an old server which is working fine and redirecting the printers without any problem.We copied the same settings but in Windows Server...
  7. Windows 10 PRO Remote Desktop Redirect of one printer fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 PRO Remote Desktop Redirect of one printer fails: I have a setup where I have Windows 10 PRO as a RDP host. I'm using another computer with Windows 10 PRO as the RDP client. Both machines are running version 20H2. When connecting via RDP, I have checked the box to share printer resources. When I connect to the server,...
  8. Audio redirection not working with windows remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audio redirection not working with windows remote desktop: Hello, I'm trying to get sound redirection working through the remote desktop app. Both the remote and client PC are running windows 10 with the remote running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. Both have working sound on their own, but not when connected via remote desktop....
  9. Remote Desktop Connection Timezone Redirection Windows 10

Remote Desktop Connection Timezone Redirection Windows 10: Just switched to Windows Server 2016 Standard implementing RDS. We want remote users to be able to use Timezone redirection and enabled it in Group Policy. It does not work with the Remote Desktop Connection. We tried the Microsoft Remote Desktop APP and it works in the App,...
  10. Remote Desktop redirected printer is not printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop redirected printer is not printing: Dear Respect, Thanks in Advance, In the Remote Desktop, Client local printer redirected, But Print Document is not printing on local printer. What may be reason. Same printer if i share and use, it is working Client Machine having windows 10 version, RDP. and Access...