Windows 10: Remote Desktop problem with Windows 10 10240

Discus and support Remote Desktop problem with Windows 10 10240 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings everyone. I'm a longtime lurker here at Brink's forums. Learned a lot from the tutorials. Thanks! I upgraded Windows 7 Pro (legit license)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JBenal, Jul 25, 2015.

1. JBenal Win User

Remote Desktop problem with Windows 10 10240

Greetings everyone. I'm a longtime lurker here at Brink's forums. Learned a lot from the tutorials. Thanks!

I upgraded Windows 7 Pro (legit license) to Windows 10 Pro. My main computer uses Windows 8.1. When connecting to another Windows 8.1 computer using remote desktop the connection goes through smoothly and I take control of the computer. When I connect to the Windows 10 Pro computer my connection is dropped with this error. It seems that the Windows 10 computer drops the connection and logs back in with the default user. Is there any way to correct this? I'm about to dump Windows 10 and go back to 8.1 because of this. Any ideas?

Remote Desktop problem with Windows 10 10240 [​IMG]

:)

JBenal, Jul 25, 2015

2. Remote Desktop not working and USB 3.0 problems in windows 10

I updated from 10240 to 10565 and now I cannot connect to Win 10 10565 through Remote Desktop from my Windows 7 PC. This is all on my local network. When I attempt to connect, it says securing connection, then sometimes displays a black screen like it
    is connected, then just shuts down and closes the connection. It worked fine in 10240. I have checked all the Remote Desktop settings and they are set up the same as 10240. Any help would be appreciated.

Charger.Dodge, Jul 25, 2015
  3. Remote Desktop not working on Win 10 10565

Remote Desktop is not working in Win 10565. Win 10 10240 works. Is this a known problem, and what is the solution, thank you.

There is another thread similar to this, except no on has responded for several weeks, so I have started a new question.

Charger.Dodge, Jul 25, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

You will find problems with 10, until they release it out to the consumers and also put fixes up on/after the 29th. Majority of us are using Teamviewer, even in the Enterprise environment. RDP is one of those items that is slowly going away from being used by IT professionals, because Microsoft refuses to fix 16 year old issues with it, that involve security.

bro67, Jul 26, 2015
  5. JBenal Win User
    Well thanks for the information about Teamviewer. I just took a look at it and I'm glad to see it's free. I could have just installed VNC on my computers, but I was happy using remote desktop as long as it worked. I'll take a look at Teamviewer. I have one PC that doesn't support remote desktop, so that will come in handy.

JBenal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop problem with Windows 10 10240 - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop problem

2. Remote Desktop Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Problem: I have two computers both running Windows 11 Professional. Both of these computers are logged into my Microsoft email account. When I try to RDP from one computer A into the second computer B, I enter the computer name for B, the email address of my Microsoft account, and my...
  3. Remote desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop problem.: I'm trying to install VPS. But then this message pop up.How can it fix this out?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-problem/6a6b1b5d-11b1-4632-8ab8-6cb24591d091
  4. Remote desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop problem.: I'm trying to install VPS. But then this message pop up.How can it fix this out?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-problem/6a6b1b5d-11b1-4632-8ab8-6cb24591d091
  5. Remote desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Remote Desktop problems ???

Remote Desktop problems ???: To simplify as much as possible: I have3 machines newly RE-installed ALL with Windows 10 PRO Machine: A version 1903 and 2 shares, the C- and D-Hdrive B version 1909 and 1 share, the C-HDrive C version 1903 and 1 share, the C-HDrive I'm logged on to all of them with...
  7. Remote desktop problem

Remote desktop problem: I got a problem with the RDP session I tried to connect my session with my xrdp kali wsl2 but it refuse to connect, it just said that your computer could not connect to another console session on remote computer because you already have a console session in progress. I try...
  8. Problem with remote desktop

Problem with remote desktop: My office has gone to working at home full time for now and I am having a problem with Remote Desktop. It is just being incredibly laggy. I should also state that I've worked from home numerous times in the past and never had this issue. However this issue has been ongoing...
  9. Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem

Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem: Hi, I am current using Group Policy Management 6.0.0.1 (Server 2012) which controlling Windows 7 computers. When I change pilot PC to Windows 10 (1809) with using same GPO, the Windows 10 PC can remote others (such as Windows 7 PC, Windows Servers, etc), but it failed from...
  10. Remote Desktop Problem

Remote Desktop Problem: Hi everyone, I'm having issues with remote desktop. I've gone over the tutorial here and on numerous other sites. I've enabled remote connections on the host computer, and I can remote in from other computers on my home network with no issues of any kind. However, I can't...