Windows 10: Remote Desktop Problem

Discus and support Remote Desktop Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm having issues with remote desktop. I've gone over the tutorial here and on numerous other sites. I've enabled remote connections... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nightmare3983, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Remote Desktop Problem

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with remote desktop. I've gone over the tutorial here and on numerous other sites. I've enabled remote connections on the host computer, and I can remote in from other computers on my home network with no issues of any kind. However, I can't connect to the host computer from outside the network. This would imply that the issue lies somewhere within my router settings, right?

My router is a Netgear C3000-100NAS. The following screenshot shows my port forwarding settings. I blurred it out here, but the internal IP address I have filled out is the static internal IP address of the host computer. Is there anything obviously wrong with my settings?

Remote Desktop Problem [​IMG]

:)

nightmare3983, Mar 11, 2016
  2. osx remote desktop, Mar 11, 2016
  3. CaseyRBB Win User
    Double-Click causes Remote Desktop to crash...

We have a remote work-station that crashes in Remote Desktop when a file is double-clicked or opened in file explorer of the remote desktop. Can you advise and provide possible causes and solutions to this problem?

To clarfiy:

1. Login into remote work-station using remote desktop

2. Open file explorer

3. Double-click, or right click on a file, and select open file

4. Remote Desktop crashes

We are able to log-in back into remote desktop and the work-station without either system crashing but, if the same procedure is done again, Remote Desktop will crash.

Thankfully,

Casey

CaseyRBB, Mar 11, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Problem

Have you checked that the Remote Desktop is listening correct port? That it has been not changed, for any reason.

To check the current port, open Registry Editor (WIN + R, type regedit, hit Enter) and browse to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp. The current listening port is shown in DWORD PortNumber:

Remote Desktop Problem [​IMG]

5. Thanks for the response Kari. The correct port (3389) was listed in the registry. I'm not sure what my issue is. It's been years since I've had remote desktop set up, and before it wasn't such a pain to get it to work.

nightmare3983, Mar 12, 2016
  6. You will have to change your firewall settings to allow remote access from "PUBLIC" too. Turn the firewall off and try it, if it works, then you know that is your issue. Hope this helps.

play2mefish, Mar 12, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Does your router have VPN capability? That would allow you to connect your computer to your network from a remote location just like it was connected at home. That would not only fix your remote desktop issue but you would also have access to all your normal shared files/folders.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remote Desktop Problem

1. Remote Desktop Problem - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Problem

2. Remote Desktop Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Problem: I have two computers both running Windows 11 Professional. Both of these computers are logged into my Microsoft email account. When I try to RDP from one computer A into the second computer B, I enter the computer name for B, the email address of my Microsoft account, and my...
  3. Remote Desktop Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Problem: I have two computers both running Windows 11 Professional. Both of these computers are logged into my Microsoft email account. When I try to RDP from one computer A into the second computer B, I enter the computer name for B, the email address of my Microsoft account, and my...
  4. Remote desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop problem.: I'm trying to install VPS. But then this message pop up.How can it fix this out?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-problem/6a6b1b5d-11b1-4632-8ab8-6cb24591d091
  5. Remote desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop problem.: I'm trying to install VPS. But then this message pop up.How can it fix this out?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-problem/6a6b1b5d-11b1-4632-8ab8-6cb24591d091
  6. Remote desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Remote Desktop problems ???

Remote Desktop problems ???: To simplify as much as possible: I have3 machines newly RE-installed ALL with Windows 10 PRO Machine: A version 1903 and 2 shares, the C- and D-Hdrive B version 1909 and 1 share, the C-HDrive C version 1903 and 1 share, the C-HDrive I'm logged on to all of them with...
  8. Remote desktop problem

Remote desktop problem: I got a problem with the RDP session I tried to connect my session with my xrdp kali wsl2 but it refuse to connect, it just said that your computer could not connect to another console session on remote computer because you already have a console session in progress. I try...
  9. Problem with remote desktop

Problem with remote desktop: My office has gone to working at home full time for now and I am having a problem with Remote Desktop. It is just being incredibly laggy. I should also state that I've worked from home numerous times in the past and never had this issue. However this issue has been ongoing...
  10. Remote desktop problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop problem: Hello guys, I have a problem with RD. When i am connected from my home pc(windows 10,1903) to my work pc(windows 10 1903) i am working fine but 3-4 times per day my connection drops and when i try to reconnect to my machine, it logged me off and i am losing all the unsaved...