Windows 10: Remote Desktop protocol error

Discus and support Remote Desktop protocol error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been using remote desktop without any problems since the end of March. About two weeks ago I started to get kicked out of sessions with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jimmy Pitts, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop protocol error

I've been using remote desktop without any problems since the end of March. About two weeks ago I started to get kicked out of sessions with the message 'Because of a protocol error, this session will be disconnected. Please try connecting to the remote computer again'. I end up having to connect with Google Remote desktop and rebooting because the Google connection is soooo slow. It keeps happening over and over, it's driving me mad. Please help a poor lost soul.

:)

Jimmy Pitts, Sep 7, 2020

2. remote desktop protocol error

Good day, i have been using remote desktop regularly but now i cannot connect as on the last step, i get "Protocol error" log in again and without success.

Thanks

Braam De Swardt, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Andre for Directly, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Remote Desktop protocol error

Remote Desktop Protocol

I recently updated my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home.

In Windows 8.1 I was able to use my laptop to remotely connect to my PC at work. When I try to do that now using Windows 10, I get the pop up message "The wizard cannot configure Remote Desktop Connection settings. Make sure that the client version of Remote
    Desktop Protocol (RDP) 6.0 or later is installed on this computer.".

How do I fix this so I can once again connect to my work PC remotely?

Elenora A., Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop protocol error

1. Remote Desktop protocol error - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop protocol

2. Restricting Remote Desktop Protocol to certain IP addresses on my LAN...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restricting Remote Desktop Protocol to certain IP addresses on my LAN...: I have a question about Remote Desktop. I want the one machine I connect to using Remote Desktop to only accept incoming connections from two computers on my internal network. I've consulted several articles online and in spite of editing the existing firewall rules to only...
  3. Restricting Remote Desktop Protocol to certain IP addresses on my LAN...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restricting Remote Desktop Protocol to certain IP addresses on my LAN...: I have a question about Remote Desktop. I want the one machine I connect to using Remote Desktop to only accept incoming connections from two computers on my internal network. I've consulted several articles online and in spite of editing the existing firewall rules to only...
  4. Remote desktop protocol setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop protocol setup: Hi guys We have a VPN in our company client. But we want to restrict access from remote desktop protocol to only machines that are phisically in local network. Is it possible to make this setup in windows? or Is it better to make it in anti virus software? 183182
  5. Remote desktop protocol setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote desktop protocol setup: Hi guys We have a VPN in our company client. But we want to restrict access from remote desktop protocol to only machines that are phisically in local network. Is it possible to make this setup in windows? or Is it better to make it in anti virus software? 183182
  6. Remote Desktop Protocol issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Protocol issues: Hi, Can you please advise when an update regarding the RDP issue with the barcode scanner will be available? I tried all the possible settings to delay the barcode decode, but when using the RDP session with the windows key combination on the remote desktop option, the...
  7. Remote Desktop protocol error

Remote Desktop protocol error: I keep getting kicked off of a remote desktop connection with a protocol error message, does anybody know how to fix it. Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-protocol-error/420ccd05-45b8-4855-a30d-3e1e18262f9f
  8. Remote Desktop errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop errors: I have tried everything and can not get my desktop to connect through remote desktop. I have allowed it in the firewall settings, I have tried both the computer name and the IP Address and double checked all settings. I keep getting a can not find PC error. I did the ping...
  9. Remote Desktop error

Remote Desktop error: As of today, the remote desktop application generates an error when attempting to establish a connection to my workstation. The application was working fine last night. When I click "connect", the application returns "An internal error has occurred"....
  10. Remote Desktop error

Remote Desktop error: I have been using Remote Desktop all day. Tonight I am getting the message "An internal error has occurred". This happened a few weeks ago, but the problem just went away. Does anyone know why this occurs? Thanks, jdw...