Windows 10: Remote desktop questions

Discus and support Remote desktop questions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How well does remote desktop work? My desktop pc is connected to the network with Ethernet, but I want to try using my ipad or Windows laptop on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alex3omg, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Remote desktop questions

How well does remote desktop work? My desktop pc is connected to the network with Ethernet, but I want to try using my ipad or Windows laptop on the Wi-Fi to connect. How does it work with accessing files, watching videos, using Photoshop and other programs, or playing games? Can I use a drawing tablet?

How does it run on an ipad or macbook? Or Android phone?

Thanks. I just don't want to blow $99 if it's garbage.

submitted by /u/alex3omg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alex3omg, Aug 4, 2020

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 4, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Remote desktop rebooting

Hi,

We may need more information about the issue on the remote desktop that keeps rebooting, kindly respond to the following questions:

• How do you access the remote desktop?
    • Is the process of the connection through a wireless connection?
    We suggest that you check your firewall or antivirus settings if it is blocking the connection between the two devices.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Remote desktop questions

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Remote desktop questions

1. Remote desktop questions - Similar Threads - Remote desktop questions

2. Remote Desktop setup question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop setup question: Three remote users need to access a SQL database on a desktop computer. I was told Remote Desktop was a good option. I have the following questions.1. What software do I need to have on that desktop computer? Windows 10, 11 or a server edition?2. If a server edition, what...
  3. Remote Desktop setup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop setup question: Three remote users need to access a SQL database on a desktop computer. I was told Remote Desktop was a good option. I have the following questions.1. What software do I need to have on that desktop computer? Windows 10, 11 or a server edition?2. If a server edition, what...
  4. I have a Remote Desktop question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a Remote Desktop question: Should Remote Desktop work on home network computers using Windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-remote-desktop-question/bfbdb9d7-6be9-4fb6-a8bd-0f7daa1f2de7
  5. Hi I have a question about remote desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi I have a question about remote desktop.: Hi, How do i get the IP address of a remote PC while using remote desktop connection? I guess I need a public address but I don't know how to find it? Many thanks, T Vieweg....
  6. Remote Desktop Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop Question: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on my laptop. I have a friend who is new to Windows and needs occasional help. If I upgrade her Windows 10 Home to Pro, I can use Remote Desktop to access her laptop and essentially take control (do updates, open apps, show her how to do...
  7. Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection

Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection: I'm having an issue here I'm hoping someone can help me with. I connect to a Remote Desktop Connection from home for work and for some reason, it's not allowing me to use dual monitors for the software. Hope this is in the right forum as well. I know about the Remote Desktop...
  8. Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding Remote Desktop Connection: I'm having an issue here I'm hoping someone can help me with. I connect to a Remote Desktop Connection from home for work and for some reason, it's not allowing me to use dual monitors for the software. Hope this is in the right forum as well. I know about the Remote Desktop...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection Explained - Question remote XP?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Remote Desktop Connection Explained - Question remote XP?: Hi. I just viewed Kari Finn's clearly explained Remote Desktop Connection on Win10 and how to connect to remote computer, thank you for that. Good job! In my case though, I use Win XP Home edition. Do I have to have Win XP Pro edition to connect on RDC to Win 10 host using...
  10. Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop: I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 with a 4K UHD display. I frequently use remote desktop with my laptop to connect to a Windows 10 desktop system in my home. I've been doing this for years without a problem until I upgraded my laptop to a 4K UHD display....