Windows 10: Remote desktop RDP error 0 x 4

Discus and support Remote desktop RDP error 0 x 4 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Come on Microsoft, fix this recurring issue. It appears to be related to either a windows 10 or Mac client update and prevents remote access until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrFillster, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Remote desktop RDP error 0 x 4

Come on Microsoft, fix this recurring issue.

It appears to be related to either a windows 10 or Mac client update and prevents remote access until the client computer is manually restarted.

Very hard to restart a remote desktop......

Thanks in advance

:)

DrFillster, Jun 10, 2019

2. RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that ".rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop", what exactly are you referring to? Are you facing issues while launching .rdp files in remote desktop mode?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Lockhada Win User
    RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

After upgrading to Windows 10, .rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop. Remote Desktop is working correctly otherwise.

Lockhada, Jun 10, 2019
  4. techpun Win User

Remote desktop RDP error 0 x 4

Remote Desktop Options

I have Windows 7 machine which is on 24/7 which I would like to remote into with security and ease kept in mind. What are your suggestions? Is RDP good enough?

techpun, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Remote desktop RDP error 0 x 4

1. Remote desktop RDP error 0 x 4 - Similar Threads - Remote desktop RDP

2. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  3. RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10: I'm a computer programmer and I can't debug this stupid thing! Both my Win10 and Win7 local PCs can ping and see each other network drives. But none can RDP to another! Giving the notorious '3 dumb reasons' excuse none of which applies, of course. Now, I don't want 'try...
  4. Remote Desktop RDP connection errors after Win10 1909 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop RDP connection errors after Win10 1909 upgrade: Hi, I recently upgraded a Lenovo P53 running Win10 1809 to Win10 1909. The Lenovo P53 is typically accessed via Remote Desktop RDP from an HP Probook 640 G1 running Win10 1809 and located at home. The HP accesses the Lenovo P53 over our company's VPN. The Lenovo P53 hosts...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors: Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Remote Desktop RD that you install from Microsoft Store, not Remote Desktop Connection across two monitors. I have looked everywhere, and cannot see anywhere to make it possible. Thanks in advance....
  6. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  7. Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10

Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10: When I try to open a remote desktop connection to another desktop I am seeing the following prompt that says "This computer cant connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again and if the problem persists contact the owner of the machine" Ping to the remote machine...
  8. RDP connection fails: Remote Desktop can't find computer errors.

RDP connection fails: Remote Desktop can't find computer errors.: I have VM running windows 10 pro (other VMs using same config work fine). Every time when I try to connect via RDP it throws: "Remote Desktop can't find the computer [hostname]. This might mean that [hostname] does not belong to specified network. Verify the computer name and...
  9. Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session

Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session: Normally if I RDP to an active remote desktop with only my single user account with admin rights, remote desktop signs out, and I connect via rdp no problem. However recently, it does not sign out out remote user, and the (RDP lient jumps to a OTHER USER login screen....
  10. Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.

Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.: I have been using RDP for LAN and also over VPN for years - never had any great problems. NOW! On a PC that has been upgraded from Win7 to Win10 Pro I have having problems with my RDP, when I connect to the remote computer I can't see its Task Bar, I can only see the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp error 4