Windows 10: Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.

Discus and support Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using RDP for LAN and also over VPN for years - never had any great problems. NOW! On a PC that has been upgraded from Win7 to Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ansentry, Sep 9, 2017.

1. ansentry Win User

Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.

I have been using RDP for LAN and also over VPN for years - never had any great problems.

NOW!
    On a PC that has been upgraded from Win7 to Win10 Pro I have having problems with my RDP, when I connect to the remote computer I can't see its Task Bar, I can only see the Task Bar of the computer I am connecting from.

I have tried to connect to the same client with another Win10 machine and no problem with Task Bar, every thing normal.
    I have check the RDP settings and they are the same on both of the computers I was connecting from.

As a temp measure on the client PC I have the Task Bar displayed on the right hand side instead of bottom, works but I would like things how they should be.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ansentry, Sep 9, 2017

2. Remote Desktop Issue - Remote computer reboots !

Strange problem with Remote Desktop:

Server and Client are both Win-10 Pro Fully Updated (Version 1607 Build 14393.222)

At the client, I open the Network folder, I can "see" the remote PC

I can right-click the remote PC and select "Connect with Remote Desktop Connection"

I can authenticate and use Remote Desktop normally with no issue.

However, if I try to use a RDP file:

Double click the RDP file

Connects, I log in OK at the authentication screen.

After a couple of seconds the remote computer reboots !

I have checked the event log on the remote PC

Nothing to indicate a problem, just an entry for not shutdown cleanly

I have tried re-creating the RDP file

Using different client computer also same issue

No recent changes to any computer

Security software is Norton 360 Premier fully updated on all computers

The RDP file has worked correctly until recently ( about mid September )

So I suspect a recent Microsoft update is the culprit

Steve.Cook4680, Sep 9, 2017
  3. Cannot remote via RDP to my work desktop after update to creators edition

I have tried changing resolutions for the RDP connection on the client. No matter what version of Windows or Mac RDP AND not matter what resolution I attempt to use, I cannot complete the login to my remote PC.

The RDP window appears to configure & set up the connection, the widow is only black (no desktop appears) and the full connection to the remote computer is never completed. I have had someone attempt to remote to my desktop PC while I was sitting in front
    of the desktop and I can see that a full connection never completes.

Again, this issue began immediately after completing the upgrade to the Windows 10 Creators Edition.

TimothyBrownell, Sep 9, 2017
Thema:

Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC.

1. Remote Desktop (RDP) - No task bar on client PC. - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop RDP

2. Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work": Yesterday I followed MS's procedure to remove a login password in favor of 2FA MS Authenticator on my phone. I also spent $99 to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, only because I want to use RDP to access my Windows system from my Mac. So far, after hours of changing this and...
  3. Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work": Yesterday I followed MS's procedure to remove a login password in favor of 2FA MS Authenticator on my phone. I also spent $99 to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, only because I want to use RDP to access my Windows system from my Mac. So far, after hours of changing this and...
  4. Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC

Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC: I have a new PC which came pre-loaded with Win11 Home, which I then reactived to Win11 Pro.From home I run a work supplied VPN app which allows me to connect to the work domain and then RDP to my work desktop.I have been doing this for years on my home Win10 PC.I have...
  5. Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to RDP to remote client from my new Win11 PC: I have a new PC which came pre-loaded with Win11 Home, which I then reactived to Win11 Pro.From home I run a work supplied VPN app which allows me to connect to the work domain and then RDP to my work desktop.I have been doing this for years on my home Win10 PC.I have...
  6. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT: Hi There, I would like to access my computer1 running OS windows10 from another computer2 by using the Remote Desktop WEB Client.PC1 - OS win 10 <-------------------RD web client FIREFOX - PC2 Do you guys know if it's possible on windows 10 ?Does any one have a detailled...
  7. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT: Hi There, I would like to access my computer1 running OS windows10 from another computer2 by using the Remote Desktop WEB Client.PC1 - OS win 10 <-------------------RD web client FIREFOX - PC2 Do you guys know if it's possible on windows 10 ?Does any one have a detailled...
  8. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

Bug with Remote Desktop Client: Hi, I have been trying to trace a bug that has been happening within our organisation for the last month or so. Users started reporting that when they login to RDP sessions internal or external if they are required to enter there credentials the MSTSC client just sits and...
  9. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bug with Remote Desktop Client: Hi, I have been trying to trace a bug that has been happening within our organisation for the last month or so. Users started reporting that when they login to RDP sessions internal or external if they are required to enter there credentials the MSTSC client just sits and...
  10. Win 10 1903 RDP (Remote Desktop) not retaining window positions or task bar positions...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 1903 RDP (Remote Desktop) not retaining window positions or task bar positions...: Hello, I'm unable to figure this out after hours of searching and trying things so I'm hoping someone here can help. Recently my remote systems were updated to windows 10 1903 and since then every time I reconnect (hit the close button, re-establish a remote desktop...