Windows 10: Remote Desktop Rds

Discus and support Remote Desktop Rds in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Friends of the guild, I have a question regarding installing an RDs Remote desktop license in the License manager an Expiration date appears. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David Josue Castillo, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Remote Desktop Rds

Hello Friends of the guild, I have a question regarding installing an RDs Remote desktop license in the License manager an Expiration date appears. My question is the following when the grace period expires does the Remote desktop stop working? even having the Cal Rds Licenses installed? Please help

:)

David Josue Castillo, Mar 18, 2023
  2. TsangKH Win User

RDS CAL requirement of Remote Desktop without RDS installed

Is RDS CAL required for Windows 10 Server and Windows Server 2016 remote desktop without RDS installed?

It basically means that just switch on remote desktop in system settings without turning on RDS role and use for non-administrative purposes.

Examples including a personal user wanting to run MATLAB on cloud.

TsangKH, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Remote Desktop App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Are you using a home pc to connect to the Remote desktop?

I suggest you follow this link and check if the configuration is correct.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rd...available-on-windows-10-mobile-and-continuum/

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Remote Desktop Rds

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Remote Desktop Rds

1. Remote Desktop Rds - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Rds

2. RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO: I have a License Server with 75 user cals for RDS installed. I have an OU in AD with the servers I want to serve licenses to created and a GPO created and linked to that OU. However, a single user group is in AD that the GPO provides remote access via Terminal Services to....
  3. RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO: I have a License Server with 75 user cals for RDS installed. I have an OU in AD with the servers I want to serve licenses to created and a GPO created and linked to that OU. However, a single user group is in AD that the GPO provides remote access via Terminal Services to....
  4. Remote Desktop Rds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Rds: Hello Friends of the guild, I have a question regarding installing an RDs Remote desktop license in the License manager an Expiration date appears. My question is the following when the grace period expires does the Remote desktop stop working? even having the Cal Rds...
  5. Remote Desktop Rds

Remote Desktop Rds: Hello Friends of the guild, I have a question regarding installing an RDs Remote desktop license in the License manager an Expiration date appears. My question is the following when the grace period expires does the Remote desktop stop working? even having the Cal Rds...
  6. Can't activate Remote Desktop Server RDS under MPSA agreement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Remote Desktop Server RDS under MPSA agreement: Hi,I am trying to activate a block of 10 x Windows Remote Desktop Server user CALS on a 2019 Server Standard, but under the "Remote Desktop Licensing Manager" there is no option for MPSA agreements there is for everything else. As MPSA agreements do NOT have enrollment...
  7. Can't activate Remote Desktop Server RDS under MPSA agreement

Can't activate Remote Desktop Server RDS under MPSA agreement: Hi,I am trying to activate a block of 10 x Windows Remote Desktop Server user CALS on a 2019 Server Standard, but under the "Remote Desktop Licensing Manager" there is no option for MPSA agreements there is for everything else. As MPSA agreements do NOT have enrollment...
  8. Files on a RDS desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files on a RDS desktop: I have several users that are complains that mysterious shortcuts/files are being saved to their desktop when they didn't place them there. This is a MS Windows Server 2016 RDS server farm. The shortcuts follow them to any one of the the six session hosts that make up the...
  9. Files on a RDS desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files on a RDS desktop: I have several users that are complains that mysterious shortcuts/files are being saved to their desktop when they didn't place them there. This is a MS Windows Server 2016 RDS server farm. The shortcuts follow them to any one of the the six session hosts that make up the...
  10. Files on a RDS desktop