Windows 10: Remote Desktop Remote Sound not working after wake up from standby

Discus and support Remote Desktop Remote Sound not working after wake up from standby in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The remote sound from the remote desktop works fine at the beginning. But when I put the server on standby and then the server wakes up, remote sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Miyumm, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Miyumm Win User

Remote Desktop Remote Sound not working after wake up from standby

The remote sound from the remote desktop works fine at the beginning. But when I put the server on standby and then the server wakes up, remote sound stops working. There is no sound from either the host or the client machine. Everything looks fine on the settings side. But no sound. It works again if I reboot the server or physically login into the server and then use the remote desktop later on.

This has never happened before. It started right after the windows update installed "Version 1809 feature update". Every time the server sleeps and wakes up, remote sound stops working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Miyumm, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Remote Desktop - Remote Computer is Sleeping

Got a question that I could answer if I was at the office to try it... Trying to connect remotely to an HP desktop at work.

If the HP is in sleep mode, I can't remote into it. Here's the scenario: Couldn't remote into the HP... Called a co-worker he noticed is was in power saving mode & moved the mouse, it woke up. Then I was able to remote in.

Would "Wake on Lan" in BIOS allow me to wake up the computer through a remote desktop login request? Are there other settings?

EDIT: Both PC's on XP Pro 32

Sasqui, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 12, 2019
  4. ShiBDiB Win User

Remote Desktop not working

First off, im unbanned wooo

I'm trying to use logmein pro to get windows remote desktop setup for my main computer back home, its 8.1 pro and the remote desktop option in the computer properties is activated. (Also the remote port has been changed in the reg as I have a home server that I remote to as well which works fine). All ports have been forwarded and there's no firewall issues.

The issue is I just completely cannot connect to it using remote desktop. Is this due to logmein being installed? I don't want to uninstall it to test my theory and then be completely cutoff from the pc for 2 months if I'm wrong.

ShiBDiB, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop Remote Sound not working after wake up from standby - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Remote

2. Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?: My home is in New Jersey. There I have a Windows 11 pro PC. The internet is on always to support the security system. I travel most of the year overseas. I carry a Window 11 pro laptop.I would like to access my home PC including startup from sleep or hibernation from overseas...
  3. Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?: My home is in New Jersey. There I have a Windows 11 pro PC. The internet is on always to support the security system. I travel most of the year overseas. I carry a Window 11 pro laptop.I would like to access my home PC including startup from sleep or hibernation from overseas...
  4. Remote Desktop Wake Host PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Wake Host PC?: My current remote desktop app wakes the Host PC from sleep when I sign in from a remote computer.If I use Windows 11's remote access, will the Host PC wake from sleep when I sign in from a remote location?Thanks in advance....
  5. Remote Desktop Wake Host PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Wake Host PC?: My current remote desktop app wakes the Host PC from sleep when I sign in from a remote computer.If I use Windows 11's remote access, will the Host PC wake from sleep when I sign in from a remote location?Thanks in advance....
  6. Remote Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop not working: I can’t make the thing working I have it turned on the remote dektop and I have the pro version of system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-not-working/5a5525e9-ec3b-4d9d-87ea-6a3b12fabf6e
  7. Crackly sound from remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Crackly sound from remote desktop session: Both clients are running Windows 10, the latest version as well. I'm using the standard remote desktop session client program application thing, to connect to the remote machine. All is fine, everything works. Except audio is crackly. A simple *ding* sounds horrific, like a...
  8. Wake up A PC remotely

Wake up A PC remotely: hi i am asking is there is build in feature in windows no third party software to start a computer if its shut down remotely either from same network or from home. regards...
  9. Remote desktop during standby mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop during standby mode: The remote desktop is not accessible when this computer using Windows 10 professional is in standby mode. How can this be remedied? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-during-standby-mode/f2579c71-c2ce-4586-affa-aa5a8d55b5c4
  10. Remote Desktop not working after update

Remote Desktop not working after update: Running third party RDP "RDPWrap-v1.6.2" and after updating 1809 on 12/16/2018 build 17763.194 it stopped working. Just in case you start searching: I tried the following .reg which is shown in several places on the internet, but it did not work: Windows Registry Editor...