Windows 10: Remote Desktop saying Invalid Username or Password

Discus and support Remote Desktop saying Invalid Username or Password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just started out of the blue this morning. I can remote desktop to the same machine with any other PC an use the very same usernames and passwords. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by boward57, Sep 30, 2015.

1. boward57 Win User

Remote Desktop saying Invalid Username or Password

Just started out of the blue this morning. I can remote desktop to the same machine with any other PC an use the very same usernames and passwords. But on the Windows 10 machine it rejects them all. I was looking for a way to clear all history and login files but can only find that info for W7 and 8.1. Any ideas?

:)

boward57, Sep 30, 2015
  2. Todd_S_88 Win User

Accessing laptop with Microsoft Remode Desktop

As an example for what it is looking for assume the two computers you had were:

CompA

CompB

CompA is the computer you are trying to remote into, and has a username of rshackleford. Rshackleford is either a member of the administrators group or the remote desktop users group

CompB is the computer you are remoting from, and lets pretend you had a different username on this computer named tdurden

When you initiate RDP from CompB to CompA the credentials you would use are:

Username: CompA\rshackleford

Password: Rshackleford's password

The "CompA\" part in the username is important as it tells RDP which computer it needs to authenticate the user on.

This changes slightly if you are using a Microsoft account. Same example but lets say the Admin/Remote Desktop User on CompA is a live account of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. When you RDP in the credentials would just be

Username: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Password: Password for the live account.

Todd_S_88, Sep 30, 2015
  3. remote desktop fails

I'm trying to establish a remote desktop connection to another pc on my network. I get the IP, I open the remote desktop app, input the IP, and it asks me for my creds. I type in my Microsoft password, because it already has my username. And it says, "the
    logon attempt failed" Does that mean I have the wrong password? or what else?

MatthewMeinhart, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Is there any error message associated with the failed login?
    Are you in a stand-alone setup, or on a domain computer?

Kanata, Sep 30, 2015
  5. boward57 Win User
    I figured it out. The domain had been changed somehow. Cheers!!

boward57, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop saying Invalid Username or Password - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop saying

2. Password is correct but the laptop but says it is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password is correct but the laptop but says it is invalid: Ive been trying to connect to my laptop however the password I used is not working with the account. I know 100% that this is the password and I checked multiple times that there were no errors in typing the password I even tried using the eye to make sure it was correct too....
  3. Password is correct but the laptop but says it is invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password is correct but the laptop but says it is invalid: Ive been trying to connect to my laptop however the password I used is not working with the account. I know 100% that this is the password and I checked multiple times that there were no errors in typing the password I even tried using the eye to make sure it was correct too....
  4. Password is correct but the laptop but says it is invalid

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. remote desktop windows 11 the username or password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote desktop windows 11 the username or password is incorrect: I have 3 windows 11 laptops. All are using the latest version of Windows 11, I am admin on all of them and I am using my windows account on all of them but I am having problems using remote desktop to connect between them. I have verified my username and password and yet...
  6. remote desktop windows 11 the username or password is incorrect

remote desktop windows 11 the username or password is incorrect: I have 3 windows 11 laptops. All are using the latest version of Windows 11, I am admin on all of them and I am using my windows account on all of them but I am having problems using remote desktop to connect between them. I have verified my username and password and yet...
  7. Remote desktop app saying invalid user domain and password when it's correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop app saying invalid user domain and password when it's correct: So I have windows 11 pro and I'm trying to access my laptop via remote desktop app on Android. I have remote desktop enabled on my laptop and I'm trying to sign in on my phone, only to be greeted to your user domain or password is incorrect. I know it's 100% correct. I just...
  8. Remote desktop app saying invalid user domain and password when it's correct

Remote desktop app saying invalid user domain and password when it's correct: So I have windows 11 pro and I'm trying to access my laptop via remote desktop app on Android. I have remote desktop enabled on my laptop and I'm trying to sign in on my phone, only to be greeted to your user domain or password is incorrect. I know it's 100% correct. I just...
  9. Remote desktop - says password is wrong when it definitely isn't

Remote desktop - says password is wrong when it definitely isn't: I've been using remote desktop continuously up to this point. Today, out of nowhere, it begins insisting my password is wrong for the account I've been using this entire time. Check the event log and it says that the password or user was incorrect. I quintuple check the user...
  10. Remote desktop connection and invalid Credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop connection and invalid Credentials: Hello Im trying to access a desktop remote connection to my work, but every time i try to log in it asks for my "credentials", which i assume is my Microsoft user name and password, but every time i type them in its says they are wrong. I really need to get in to do my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Remote desktop invalid username or password

2. remote: invalid username or password.

3. Users unable to login through Remote Desktop user name or password invalid

4. remote: Invalid username or password,
  5. rdp invalid password,
  6. remote desktop invalid password,
  7. rdp invalid username and password