Windows 10: Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!)

Discus and support Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is one of the strangest things and it started on Monday (or at least that's when I first noticed it). When I try to remote into a machine and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by H0lyD1ver, May 8, 2019.

1. H0lyD1ver Win User

Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!)

This is one of the strangest things and it started on Monday (or at least that's when I first noticed it).

When I try to remote into a machine and I give it the login name, normally it will pop up a window asking for the password. It's sort of doing that, but I can't see or access the window. The only way I can even see it is by mousing-over the icon in the taskbar. Like this:

Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!) [​IMG]

I can't access it, click cancel, or escape it. The only way I can get rid of it is to "end task" on remote desktop via task manager.

Any suggestions?

:)

H0lyD1ver, May 8, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, May 8, 2019
  3. RDLSK Win User
    No Access to Remote Desktop

Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows
    10 does not support Remote Desktop and is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?

RDLSK, May 8, 2019
  4. RDLSK Win User

No Access to Remote Desktop

Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop is suggesting an upgrade that costs over
    $300.00. REALLY?

RDLSK, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!) - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop second

2. Remote Desktop help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop help: Good Day. I am trying to set up Remote Desktop so that I can access my desktop on my laptop. I am having some issues in doing so. First I have Remote Desktop Turned onSecond I input my computer name into the Computer Field on the Remote Desktop ScreenThird When I try to login...
  3. Remote Desktop help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop help: Good Day. I am trying to set up Remote Desktop so that I can access my desktop on my laptop. I am having some issues in doing so. First I have Remote Desktop Turned onSecond I input my computer name into the Computer Field on the Remote Desktop ScreenThird When I try to login...
  4. remote access to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote access to desktop: Good day, Can you please help me to remotely access my son's desktop, I tried doing the quick assist but ot's not working. are there any other options? Thank you. Joyce...
  5. Remote Desktop help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop help: This is most likely a very simple problem but I'm struggling to find good instructions for how to remote into a second computer and would love some help. I'm trying to remote into a friend's home PC (both computers are running Windows 10), we're both on home networks in...
  6. Remote Desktop Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Access: My computer isn't discoverable by other networks. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-access/bf8dd71e-9162-4d54-884a-97dec0fd91c4
  7. help with remote desktop camera access win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help with remote desktop camera access win10: Hi, I have win10 home on my laptop. Laptop camera works fine. Setup privacy and policy as per web articles. Setup remote desktop to access camera. Also fiddled with firewalls on both sides. No matter what, when I rdp into my work computer WIN10 pro, the work...
  8. Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!): This is one of the strangest things and it started on Monday (or at least that's when I first noticed it). When I try to remote into a machine and I give it the login name, normally it will pop up a window asking for the password. It's sort of doing that, but I can't see or...
  9. No Access to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop and is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...
  10. No Access to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...