Windows 10: Remote Desktop Security Layer Configuration

Discus and support Remote Desktop Security Layer Configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, Windows newb here :) I am trying to configure a specific RDP client (Guacamole) running in Ubuntu to work with remote desktop in Windows10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peter_375, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Peter_375 Win User

Remote Desktop Security Layer Configuration

Hello all,

Windows newb here Remote Desktop Security Layer Configuration :) I am trying to configure a specific RDP client (Guacamole) running in Ubuntu to work with remote desktop in Windows10 Pro. The machines are on the same network and I have successfully used another client (rdesktop) to connect to the windows machine from the Linux machine. I think the problem is that remote desktop is using SSL to encrypt the RDP connection and as far as I can tell Guacamole does not support SSL. I was hoping that there is a way that I could configure remote desktop to either use plain RDP (I am not concerned with security in this case) or TLS instead of SSL.

I have already disabled Network Level Authentication as a requirement as well as playing around with the guacamole configuration.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Peter_375, Oct 9, 2019
  2. jnp2015 Win User

Remote Desktop Connection not workin after Win 10 upgrade

I'm just throwing this out there as a possibility, since it resolved my problem. I was trying to connect to the Windows 10 Remote Desktop Server using a very old RDP client on a Windows Mobile 6.5 phone (don't laugh...). This worked with no error on Windows
    8.1, but the connection was rejected on Windows 10. I had to do the following to get it to work:

• Open a Run dialog using Win-R. Type "gpedit.msc" and hit Enter.
    • On the left tree view, click on Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Security
    • Double-click on the "Require use of specific security layer for remote (RDP) connections" setting on the right.
    • Select the "Enabled" radio button
    • Select "Negotiate" from the "Security Layer" drop-down and click OK.
    After doing this, I was able to connect to my Windows 10 Remote Desktop Server with no issues. I hope this helps (you or someone else). Thanks.

-JNP

jnp2015, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Remote Desktop Security Layer Configuration

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop Security Layer Configuration

1. Remote Desktop Security Layer Configuration - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Security

2. Remote Desktop Configuration Windows 11 -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Configuration Windows 11 -: I am trying to set up a remote desktop connection between 2 machines on my lan. One client is to be used as a music streamer and the other will be a notebook that will connect via RDP. Each time I attempt a connection I get a Windows Security popup asking for RD Gateway...
  3. Remote Desktop Configuration Windows 11 -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Configuration Windows 11 -: I am trying to set up a remote desktop connection between 2 machines on my lan. One client is to be used as a music streamer and the other will be a notebook that will connect via RDP. Each time I attempt a connection I get a Windows Security popup asking for RD Gateway...
  4. Ways to remote into Microsoft Remote Desktop securely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ways to remote into Microsoft Remote Desktop securely?: Hi everyone, am posting here because have been researching on the internet on how to use Microsoft Remote Desktop securely without opening port 3389 by enabling remote desktop connection as I read that opening the port will expose your computer to security issues vulnerable...
  5. Ways to remote into Microsoft Remote Desktop securely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ways to remote into Microsoft Remote Desktop securely?: Hi everyone, am posting here because have been researching on the internet on how to use Microsoft Remote Desktop securely without opening port 3389 by enabling remote desktop connection as I read that opening the port will expose your computer to security issues vulnerable...
  6. secure remote desktop option?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    secure remote desktop option?: I'd like to set up a way to remotely access my mom's laptop so I can help her with random minor issues using windows and the internet when I'm not at her house. I was looking into installing the RDP wrapper to enable remote desktop on her Win10 PC, but then read that it's a...
  7. secure remote desktop option?

in Windows 10 Support
    secure remote desktop option?: I'd like to set up a way to remotely access my mom's laptop so I can help her with random minor issues using windows and the internet when I'm not at her house. I was looking into installing the RDP wrapper to enable remote desktop on her Win10 PC, but then read that it's a...
  8. Is Remote Desktop secure?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Remote Desktop secure?: Or is there a way to make it secure? I want to be able to run video surveillance at home with the ability to securely access it from far away for some particular functions. submitted by /u/gjdhzcnq [link] [comments]...
  9. remote desktop and security

remote desktop and security: how can i make sure that my local network cant access my computer and make sure my computer hasnt been tampered with? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-and-security/f12c7e0f-4dd3-414d-8255-dbeefc3f9124
  10. Is Remote Desktop secure/encrypted

Is Remote Desktop secure/encrypted: I recently enable remote desktop on my home computer to be able to access it on the go. I operate on windows 10 pro on both the the remote and connecting PC and currently meet meet requirements for enhanced security. I also employ bit-locker encryption on my C: drive on...