Windows 10: remote desktop server 2008R2

Discus and support remote desktop server 2008R2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have trouble to setup the rd connection. Before i setup anything, i can remote to the server via admin login. However, when i need to add new user, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DennisLoong, Dec 31, 2021.

1. remote desktop server 2008R2

I have trouble to setup the rd connection. Before i setup anything, i can remote to the server via admin login. However, when i need to add new user, i need to add roles in order to add new user. following the wizard to complete the installation & reboot the server. i can't remote using admin login, below is the error message

:)

DennisLoong, Dec 31, 2021
  2. JimCrisp Win User

SQL Server 2008r2

I have several 32 bit windows 7 pc's that i need to configure an ODBC connections to a 64 bit SQL server 2008r2. I have tried to configure clients 10, 11, and 13, none will connect. I welcome any suggestions?

JimCrisp, Dec 31, 2021
  3. dch53 Win User
    Unable to access server via remote desktop after router change

Hi,

I manage my home theatre and music servers via remote desktop. Both have wired connections to the router.

All has been well for many years.

Recently our old modem/router was replaced with a new one. There have been no other changes.

While I can still remote into the home theatre server I am no longer able to remote into the music server:

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer....

What I can do is:

• ping the music server
    • bring up shares on the music server on another computer
    • access the music server using TeamViewer
    Does anyone have any suggestions how I can use remote desktop to manage my music server again please?

dch53, Dec 31, 2021
  4. Bob_793 Win User

remote desktop server 2008R2

windows 10 remote desktop to windows 2008r2 server

i have been able to connect to our windows server using the remote desktop app successfully for several years. earlier this week we updated our server. the updates were applied via windows updates and included all updates since december of last year. after
    the updated completed i could no longer access the server via Remote Desktop. i get the error

"Can't connect to the remote pc

this might be because of a network connection problem. Try connecting again. If this keeps happening, contact technical support, or ask your system administrator for help."

the error log on the server shows "the following fatal alert was generated:10 The internal error state is 1203."

HOWEVER, if i use the rdp app on my windows phone, i can successfully connect to the server.

i have tried a number of windows 10 machines and they all exhibit the same behavior. i am pretty sure it is not a server issue (except that i suspect one of the updates changed the connection handshake). i have read many posts about how to delete and recreate
    the server certificate and have tried turning off the firewall on both the server and the local pc. as i said what is really interesting is that the rdp client on my windows phone works perfectly.

I am stumped and need a suggestion or two?

Bob_793, Dec 31, 2021
Thema:

remote desktop server 2008R2

1. remote desktop server 2008R2 - Similar Threads - remote desktop server

2. Remote desktop into Server 2019 keep crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop into Server 2019 keep crashing: I have a virtual machine on server 2019 hosting some apps and a SQL Database. Seemingly randomly during the day everyone who is RDP / MSTSC to the VM has their window freeze, we can still transact SQL data from external sources, the machine responds to pings and looks...
  3. Clean Install Server 2008R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install Server 2008R2: Currently have a Dell PowerEdge T110 II with Server 2008R2 installed and working but slow. My goal is to perform a clean install of 2008R2 that is operational. Using the original install CD, and other HD, I can install the OS, but there is no functional browser and windows...
  4. Clean Install Server 2008R2

Clean Install Server 2008R2: Currently have a Dell PowerEdge T110 II with Server 2008R2 installed and working but slow. My goal is to perform a clean install of 2008R2 that is operational. Using the original install CD, and other HD, I can install the OS, but there is no functional browser and windows...
  5. Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016: Is there a installer for Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016 for the setup of multi users in our citrix environment?We need to have Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop in our hosted shared desktop and the available installer is...
  6. Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016

Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016: Is there a installer for Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016 for the setup of multi users in our citrix environment?We need to have Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop in our hosted shared desktop and the available installer is...
  7. remote desktop server 2008R2

remote desktop server 2008R2: I have trouble to setup the rd connection. Before i setup anything, i can remote to the server via admin login. However, when i need to add new user, i need to add roles in order to add new user. following the wizard to complete the installation & reboot the server. i can't...
  8. Remote Desktop Server Manager query

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Server Manager query: In Remote Desktop Server Manager - where the Process tab. We are running version 2017 and i need to end a hung session for a user. I dont want to disconnect or log it off as they will lose their other applications. Thank you...
  9. The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...

in Windows 10 News
    The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) is a role in Remote Desktop Services (RDS) that host Windows applications or desktops. These can be accessed using the […] This article The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...
  10. Remote Desktop Server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop Server: Evening All, Just wondering if anyone more experienced can just fill me in on the details - I'm convinced I'm missing something basic! We've got a Windows server 2019 machine that has remote desktop licencing for 50 CALs. However, when the user logs in via RDP, they get...