Windows 10: Remote Desktop Server Manager query

Discus and support Remote Desktop Server Manager query in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Remote Desktop Server Manager - where the Process tab. We are running version 2017 and i need to end a hung session for a user. I dont want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by d_mcgregor, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Remote Desktop Server Manager query

In Remote Desktop Server Manager - where the Process tab. We are running version 2017 and i need to end a hung session for a user. I dont want to disconnect or log it off as they will lose their other applications. Thank you

:)

d_mcgregor, Feb 1, 2021
  2. dch53 Win User

Unable to access server via remote desktop after router change

Hi,

I manage my home theatre and music servers via remote desktop. Both have wired connections to the router.

All has been well for many years.

Recently our old modem/router was replaced with a new one. There have been no other changes.

While I can still remote into the home theatre server I am no longer able to remote into the music server:

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer....

What I can do is:

• ping the music server
    • bring up shares on the music server on another computer
    • access the music server using TeamViewer
    Does anyone have any suggestions how I can use remote desktop to manage my music server again please?

dch53, Feb 1, 2021
  3. greg1973 Win User
    Server Manager Does not Populate Remote Desktop Services Overview

I have an RDWEB setup (Server 2012R2).
    Server Manager>Remote Desktop Services>Overview does not populate the Deployment Servers, RD Sessions Host or collections on my Windows 10 laptop (with RSAT installed).
    Server Manager>Remote Desktop Services>Overview works and populates "Deployments Servers", RD Sessions Host and "collections" correctly on Windows 8.1 Laptop (with RSAT installed) and correctly on any Server 2012R2.

*All the servers are added in server manager.
    *RSAT was downloaded on July 13,2016.

Anyone have any suggestions on why RSAT with Windows 10 does not work correclty with a RDWEB server setup in 2012R2?

****update****
    I updated to Win 10 1607 build and it has fixed my probelm, Server Manager now displays "Remote Desktop Services" correctly.

greg1973, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Remote Desktop Server Manager query

Right Shift key for in Remote Desktop client for Android gets stuck

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your query regarding Remote Desktop client on Android.

We do have a dedicated forum for issues concerning to Remote Desktop clients, let me point you in the right direction, where you will get assistance on this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Remote Desktop clients.

Article for reference:

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Remote Desktop Server Manager query

1. Remote Desktop Server Manager query - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Server

2. What is Remote Desktop? Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Remote Desktop? Task Manager: Seems kind of sketchy and is located at the system32 folder. Saw it when opening task manager briefly, but it went away later and I couldn't find it again. I haven't seen it before and haven't had cpu problems with it. Is it safe?...
  3. What is Remote Desktop? Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Remote Desktop? Task Manager: Seems kind of sketchy and is located at the system32 folder. Saw it when opening task manager briefly, but it went away later and I couldn't find it again. I haven't seen it before and haven't had cpu problems with it. Is it safe?...
  4. Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016: Is there a installer for Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016 for the setup of multi users in our citrix environment?We need to have Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop in our hosted shared desktop and the available installer is...
  5. Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016

Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016: Is there a installer for Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop for Server 2016 for the setup of multi users in our citrix environment?We need to have Windows remote desktop Client Azure remote desktop in our hosted shared desktop and the available installer is...
  6. remote desktop server 2008R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote desktop server 2008R2: I have trouble to setup the rd connection. Before i setup anything, i can remote to the server via admin login. However, when i need to add new user, i need to add roles in order to add new user. following the wizard to complete the installation & reboot the server. i can't...
  7. remote desktop server 2008R2

remote desktop server 2008R2: I have trouble to setup the rd connection. Before i setup anything, i can remote to the server via admin login. However, when i need to add new user, i need to add roles in order to add new user. following the wizard to complete the installation & reboot the server. i can't...
  8. The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...

in Windows 10 News
    The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) is a role in Remote Desktop Services (RDS) that host Windows applications or desktops. These can be accessed using the […] This article The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...
  9. Remote Desktop Server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop Server: Evening All, Just wondering if anyone more experienced can just fill me in on the details - I'm convinced I'm missing something basic! We've got a Windows server 2019 machine that has remote desktop licencing for 50 CALs. However, when the user logs in via RDP, they get...
  10. Server Manager Does not Populate Remote Desktop Services Overview

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Server Manager Does not Populate Remote Desktop Services Overview: I have an RDWEB setup (Server 2012R2). Server Manager>Remote Desktop Services>Overview does not populate the Deployment Servers, RD Sessions Host or collections on my Windows 10 laptop (with RSAT installed). Server Manager>Remote Desktop Services>Overview works and...