Windows 10: Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it...

Discus and support Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it normal or my server having some serious issue ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mangeshutekar, May 22, 2019.

1. Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it...

Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it normal or my server having some serious issue ?

:)

mangeshutekar, May 22, 2019
  2. Thelps Win User

'Remote Desktop Services' Services keeps setting itself to 'Automatic'

The 'Remote Desktop Services' service (under Services.msc) keeps setting itself to 'Automatic'.

Does anyone know how to stop this? I've set it to 'Disabled' and turned off the service multiple times but it seems to automatically set itself to 'Automatic' and activate itself. This even happens without restarting the computer.

Is this indicative of malware/virus activity?

How can I ensure this service remains disabled?

I've long suspected this computer is hacked and this activity could be associated with remote access of one form or another. If this indicates known malware please inform me of the usual suspects.

Much appreciated.

Thelps, May 22, 2019
  3. DBK
    DBK Win User
    Could not stop Remote desktop service in Windows 10

When trying to stop the Remote desktop service in Windows 10, I get the following error:

I could stop the service in Windows 7 and 8. Even if I forcefully kill the service from command prompt, it restarts itself. Are there any other ways I can try to stop the service?

4. nwgat Win User

Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it...

Windows 10 Remote desktop not working properly (The Remote desktop services is currently busy)

Try and wait ~1 to 5 min or something, if that does not work try installing an ssh server so that you can ssh into the box and restart the Remote Desktop service

Solution 1

Solution 2

1. install CopSSH on server
      Copssh - OpenSSH for Windows | itefix.net
    2. connect with putty or xshell
    3. restart remote desktop with

nwgat, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it...

1. Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it... - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop service

2. Remote Service Desktop Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Service Desktop Installation: Hi Microsoft Community.I have a query.We have a client with a windows server 2016.He has the RDS license expiring in 100 days or less.I am about to purchase 2 keys but each key is good for 5 users.The client requires up to 10 simultaneous users to connect to that server.Can I...
  3. Remote Service Desktop Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Service Desktop Installation: Hi Microsoft Community.I have a query.We have a client with a windows server 2016.He has the RDS license expiring in 100 days or less.I am about to purchase 2 keys but each key is good for 5 users.The client requires up to 10 simultaneous users to connect to that server.Can I...
  4. Need to reset remote desktop services and run as "network services"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to reset remote desktop services and run as "network services": Hello, I have a 2016 single-domain controller. I have changed the "remote desktop services" log on as to "local system account". Now I want to revert back and run the "remote desktop services as "network services". Now the problem is when I look up for network service account...
  5. Need to reset remote desktop services and run as "network services"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to reset remote desktop services and run as "network services": Hello, I have a 2016 single-domain controller. I have changed the "remote desktop services" log on as to "local system account". Now I want to revert back and run the "remote desktop services as "network services". Now the problem is when I look up for network service account...
  6. Remote Desktop Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Service: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-service-%EC%8B%9C%EC%9E%91%EC%9D%B4/2413d62f-1d3a-409f-840d-a0e91aabc78a
  7. Remote Desktop Service is not working - Error 126

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Service is not working - Error 126: Good afternoon, Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Pro it's not working anymore. After reviewing the problem I have detected that the "Remote Desktop Services" service is off. If I try to start it, I get the following error: "Windows could not start the Remote Desktop Services...
  8. Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason: I have been connecting to my Windows 10 Enterprise machine at work since the beginning of April and have been using it without any issues ever since then. It is my dedicated workstation that nobody else ever uses. All of a sudden, today, twice, it disconnected after which I...
  9. Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason: I have been connecting to my Windows 10 Enterprise machine at work since the beginning of April and have been using it without any issues ever since then. It is my dedicated workstation that nobody else ever uses. All of a sudden, today, twice, it disconnected after which I...
  10. Remote Desktop suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop suddenly stopped working: All 3 of my desktops are on Win 10 pro, one for my Minecraft server, my main one, and my sister's pc, my laptop is on Win 10 home. Apparently all the desktops on my LAN have stopped working with remote desktop. The problem first occurred a day ago when remote desktop lost...