Windows 10: Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper

Discus and support Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Since the latest feature release update in July 2019, I get unexpected behaviour when running Remote Desktop to connect from one Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilWyn, Aug 14, 2019.

1. WilWyn Win User

Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper

Hi,

Since the latest feature release update in July 2019, I get unexpected behaviour when running Remote Desktop to connect from one Windows 10 Pro PC to another on my local network. The desktop wall paper on the remote machine can be replaced by the wallpaper image on the local PC. This is random and occurs about once every 10 connections. More infrequently, the remote desktop wall paper image will replace the one on the local PC. In both cases I am using .jpg images, with no slideshow effects. The RDP session is configured for full-screen, 32-bit quality and LAN-speed connectivity (full-featured experience).

What is going on? It looks like a new bug, as I have been running connections in this was between the same two PCs for over a year and this behaviour has only shown up in the last month, and now happens almost daily.

:)

WilWyn, Aug 14, 2019

2. Remote Desktop - Screen resolution in remote session

I have connected to a remote desktop session and the windows in the remote session are all too small for me to see.

I have edited the remote desktop connection settings and cannot seem to make anything larger.

I am using a new Dell Inspiron Laptop which has a very high screen resolution 3840 x 2160

Any suggestions appreciated

Thank you

GreenlaneAC, Aug 14, 2019
  3. GHuff96 Win User
    different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

Hi guys,

So I found out you can set up different desktops on my laptop.

I have 3, (one for school, one for other productivity stuff and one for fun/entertainment)

Can I set up 3 different wallpapers for each desktop background?

I tried using settings and "change my desktop background" but that changes all 3 instead of just the one I'm currently on.

Any suggestions?

Thank You

GHuff96, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper

Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper

1. Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Session

2. Mouse not captured in Remote Desktop session

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse not captured in Remote Desktop session: [IMG]If you use an old version of Hyper-V and it displays an error message saying Mouse not captured in Remote Desktop session, here is how you can eliminate the issue. Even if you get this problem on a newer version of Hyper-V, you could still follow the same tips to...
  3. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  5. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds: Hi guys, So I found out you can set up different desktops on my laptop. I have 3, (one for school, one for other productivity stuff and one for fun/entertainment) Can I set up 3 different wallpapers for each desktop background? I tried using settings and "change my...
  7. Windows 10 Keeps changing my desktop Background Wallpaper

Windows 10 Keeps changing my desktop Background Wallpaper: I am starting to Hate Windows 10 everyday. Did I say hate their are stronger words, nasty words, unchristian words.!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever since the last update to Creator Windows I think my computer is possessed. Poltergeist. I do a lot of file explorer operations. Every time I...
  8. After Remote Desktop Connection No Wallpaper

After Remote Desktop Connection No Wallpaper: I can do a remote desktop connection to my Win 10 Pro x64 system with no issues. But the next time I log in to that system locally my wallpaper doesn't show. It just shows the default solid black color. My wallpaper is still selected under Personalize, but it's not showing....
  9. Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background

Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background: I just reset my wallpaper and now it appears in the background of my Start page. I want my Start background to remain solid, as it was before I added the new wallpaper. 98363
  10. Windows 10 remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 remote desktop session: I'm trying to connect to my work computer using remote desktop. I have physical access to both. I am getting the following error: your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop background on local pc changes rdp background

2. rdp changes remote wallpaper