Windows 10: Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason

Discus and support Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been connecting to my Windows 10 Enterprise machine at work since the beginning of April and have been using it without any issues ever since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Musicollector, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason

I have been connecting to my Windows 10 Enterprise machine at work since the beginning of April and have been using it without any issues ever since then. It is my dedicated workstation that nobody else ever uses. All of a sudden, today, twice, it disconnected after which I had to get someone there to go over and reboot before it worked. Now, this has happened again for the third time today. In fact, I was working all morning without issues. This started happening around lunch time. And, now that there is no one at the office, I have not been able to get it rebooted. So, in effect, no settings have been changed on the machine. Unless there was an update today that I am not aware of. And, it is DEFINITELY NOT a change in group policy as we are required to connect using RDP protocol.

Any ideas as I need to use this machine come Monday.

:)

Musicollector, Jul 24, 2020
  2. JPJ_325 Win User

Remote Desktop Stopped working

It used to work. I've changed nothing. Windows 10 computers. All of a sudden it gives a "Your credentials did not work" error. I've tried everything listed in these forums but nothing works. I'm trying to access my desktop over my lan with a a wireless
    laptop. I could do that this morning but now it won't work. Same user name same password. I suppose this was caused by some windows update or something. Is there a step by step troubleshooting procedure?

JPJ_325, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason

I have been connecting to my Windows 10 Enterprise machine at work since the beginning of April and have been using it without any issues ever since then. It is my dedicated workstation that nobody else ever uses. All of a sudden, today, twice, it disconnected after which I had to get someone there to go over and reboot before it worked. Now, this has happened again for the third time today. In fact, I was working all morning without issues. This started happening around lunch time. And, now that there is no one at the office, I have not been able to get it rebooted. So, in effect, no settings have been changed on the machine. Unless there was an update today that I am not aware of. And, it is DEFINITELY NOT a change in group policy as we are required to connect using RDP protocol.

Any ideas as I need to use this machine come Monday.

Musicollector, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason

Remote Desktop Connection has stopped working Error

Try This

How To Fix Remote Desktop Connection Stopped Working Error

1. Method 1 – Allow Remote Desktop Via Windows Firewall.
    2. Method 2 – Check Dependency Services.
    3. Methods 3: Disable AutoLogin by Using Registry Editor.
    4. Method 4: Uncheck Printers Option in Remote Desktop Connection.
    5. Method 5: Audio Playback in Settings

HelpingHands 1, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason

1. Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop stopped

2. Remote Desktop Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working: I've used Remote Desktop between the same two computers for many years. Today it isn't working. I don't know if this is because I changed my virus protection to Norton or if it was due to a Windows update. If I am behind my home router - that is, on the same network using...
  3. Remote Desktop Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working: I've used Remote Desktop between the same two computers for many years. Today it isn't working. I don't know if this is because I changed my virus protection to Norton or if it was due to a Windows update. If I am behind my home router - that is, on the same network using...
  4. Remote Desktop Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remote Desktop Suddenly Stopped Working - Error code: 0x204

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Suddenly Stopped Working - Error code: 0x204: I've said it before - Windows is a serious pile of dung. Once again, Microsoft does not disappoint. For years I've been using Windows Remote Desktop - then it stopped working. Nothing Changed at all. Best guess would be an update that broke something. Once again I'm very busy...
  6. Remote Desktop stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop stopped working: Remote Desktop stopped working suddenly, apparently after an update 1-14-21. I uninstalled it, re-downloaded from the store, restarted, and it still doesn't work. It keeps hanging at "Confguring remote PC..." I have Windows 10 Home, and had previously downloaded Remote...
  7. Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop stopped working all of a sudden for no reason: I have been connecting to my Windows 10 Enterprise machine at work since the beginning of April and have been using it without any issues ever since then. It is my dedicated workstation that nobody else ever uses. All of a sudden, today, twice, it disconnected after which I...
  8. remote desktop stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    remote desktop stopped working: Windows 10 Pro machine at home, SBS Server 2012 (I think) at work. I have two remote desktop apps on my Windows 10 box, a Windows 10 themed newer app that has fewer features but a slicker interface, and an older version that allows me to transfer files. The latter I've been...
  9. Remote Desktop suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop suddenly stopped working: All 3 of my desktops are on Win 10 pro, one for my Minecraft server, my main one, and my sister's pc, my laptop is on Win 10 home. Apparently all the desktops on my LAN have stopped working with remote desktop. The problem first occurred a day ago when remote desktop lost...
  10. Remote Desktop Stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop Stopped working: It used to work. I've changed nothing. Windows 10 computers. All of a sudden it gives a "Your credentials did not work" error. I've tried everything listed in these forums but nothing works. I'm trying to access my desktop over my lan with a a wireless laptop. I could do...