Windows 10: remote desktop stopped working

Discus and support remote desktop stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro machine at home, SBS Server 2012 (I think) at work. I have two remote desktop apps on my Windows 10 box, a Windows 10 themed newer app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/probably_pointless, May 25, 2020.

1. remote desktop stopped working

Windows 10 Pro machine at home, SBS Server 2012 (I think) at work.

I have two remote desktop apps on my Windows 10 box, a Windows 10 themed newer app that has fewer features but a slicker interface, and an older version that allows me to transfer files. The latter I've been using for years, and it was working as of last week but this week it will not accept my password. It connects and gives me the user/password prompt and the switch user function, but it will not take my password.

The newer app works fine, but as far as I can tell lacks file transfer capability.

On a machine that has not had Windows update run in a couple months (office closed) the older app works fine.

On the current machine I cannot figure out how to update either app.

Is there a way to get the old app working again, or a way to transfer files using the newer app?

submitted by /u/probably_pointless
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/probably_pointless, May 25, 2020

2. Remote Desktop Connection has stopped working Error

Try This

How To Fix Remote Desktop Connection Stopped Working Error

1. Method 1 – Allow Remote Desktop Via Windows Firewall.
    2. Method 2 – Check Dependency Services.
    3. Methods 3: Disable AutoLogin by Using Registry Editor.
    4. Method 4: Uncheck Printers Option in Remote Desktop Connection.
    5. Method 5: Audio Playback in Settings

HelpingHands 1, May 25, 2020
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 25, 2020
  4. remote desktop stopped working

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, May 25, 2020
Thema:

remote desktop stopped working

1. remote desktop stopped working - Similar Threads - remote desktop stopped

2. Remote Desktop Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working: I've used Remote Desktop between the same two computers for many years. Today it isn't working. I don't know if this is because I changed my virus protection to Norton or if it was due to a Windows update. If I am behind my home router - that is, on the same network using...
  3. Remote Desktop Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working: I've used Remote Desktop between the same two computers for many years. Today it isn't working. I don't know if this is because I changed my virus protection to Norton or if it was due to a Windows update. If I am behind my home router - that is, on the same network using...
  4. Remote Desktop Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro: In the last 2 days, my client Home ed. desktop has been throwing an error every time I try to connect to the host Pro ed. laptop:Remote Desktop ConnectionThe connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login.Error code: 0x3Extended error code:...
  6. Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro

Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro: In the last 2 days, my client Home ed. desktop has been throwing an error every time I try to connect to the host Pro ed. laptop:Remote Desktop ConnectionThe connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login.Error code: 0x3Extended error code:...
  7. Remote Desktop stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop stopped working: Remote Desktop stopped working suddenly, apparently after an update 1-14-21. I uninstalled it, re-downloaded from the store, restarted, and it still doesn't work. It keeps hanging at "Confguring remote PC..." I have Windows 10 Home, and had previously downloaded Remote...
  8. Remote Desktop Update: audio stop working

Remote Desktop Update: audio stop working: Since last update yesterday of Remote Desktop Client app in Windows 10, the audio on remote stop working. All were working fine until today . Today the audio icon shows a red X and the message "no audio devices are installed" appears. Is it a known issue? My settings in...
  9. Remote Desktop suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop suddenly stopped working: All 3 of my desktops are on Win 10 pro, one for my Minecraft server, my main one, and my sister's pc, my laptop is on Win 10 home. Apparently all the desktops on my LAN have stopped working with remote desktop. The problem first occurred a day ago when remote desktop lost...
  10. Remote Desktop Stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop Stopped working: It used to work. I've changed nothing. Windows 10 computers. All of a sudden it gives a "Your credentials did not work" error. I've tried everything listed in these forums but nothing works. I'm trying to access my desktop over my lan with a a wireless laptop. I could do...