Windows 10: Remote Desktop Synchronization of Modifier Keys

Discus and support Remote Desktop Synchronization of Modifier Keys in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone I use Remotedesktop to work on my computer at home when I'm traveling or at university. (Using Windows 10 Professional 64-bit on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stefan93475, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Remote Desktop Synchronization of Modifier Keys

Hello everyone

I use Remotedesktop to work on my computer at home when I'm traveling or at university.

(Using Windows 10 Professional 64-bit on laptop and tower)

Often modifier keys (shift, alt, ctrl...) aren't applied correctly when I use shortcuts (e.g ctrl-s), try to write special characters or try to write something in higher or lower case.

This drastically reduces my typing speed (especially when my internet connection has high latency).

So my goal is to just work on the host as if I was sitting there (a delay of the screen is completely acceptable). But if my keypresses get reordered I'm not happy...

Does someone have a solution (not a workaround)? (I don't want to "execute windows shortcuts on the client")

:)

Stefan93475, Oct 26, 2019

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Remote Desktop Synchronization of Modifier Keys

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop Synchronization of Modifier Keys

1. Remote Desktop Synchronization of Modifier Keys - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Synchronization

2. Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors: Have Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2.Have 2 monitors TVs used as monitors.An Asus 1080p monitor 2 and an LG 4K monitor 1.The desktop background is different for each of these monitors.The "Multiple displays" setting is set to "Extend these displays".Because they are different...
  3. Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors: Have Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2.Have 2 monitors TVs used as monitors.An Asus 1080p monitor 2 and an LG 4K monitor 1.The desktop background is different for each of these monitors.The "Multiple displays" setting is set to "Extend these displays".Because they are different...
  4. Synchronize the desktop background in two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Modifier Key Bubbles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Modifier Key Bubbles: [ATTACH] Does anyone know how to turn these off? https://preview.redd.it/3us75f5rrnc51.jpg?width=350&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d84d22b68fb37323d84c8521efda94fc93a8df02 submitted by /u/Yost19 [link] [comments]...
  6. Time synchronization for remote domain-joined computers

Time synchronization for remote domain-joined computers: We're oddly not finding good guidance for this situation elsewhere, nor even anyone asking questions about it, so I thought I'd ask here. We have company workstations joined to the local domain for the usual centralized control and policy administration purposes....
  7. remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote desktop: Cannot connect to remote desktop pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/63931850-567c-4fe0-a50e-206f9c9ec231
  8. remote desktop

remote desktop: windows 10 no longer connects to remote xp computer on same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/f46d2e85-7938-4abc-a751-04b842c31159
  9. Remote Desktop closed when any key is pressed on the remote PC

Remote Desktop closed when any key is pressed on the remote PC: We have an application running on a remote PC that requires a NFC reader. We must keep remote access to the PC by Windows Remote Desktop, but the remote session concludes when someone uses the NFC reader. The NFC reader works as a keyboard, sending characters to the remote...
  10. Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop: I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 with a 4K UHD display. I frequently use remote desktop with my laptop to connect to a Windows 10 desktop system in my home. I've been doing this for years without a problem until I upgraded my laptop to a 4K UHD display....