Windows 10: Remote Desktop - The logon attempt failed

Discus and support Remote Desktop - The logon attempt failed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a machine running W10 Pro. I am logged into the laptop with a Microsoft account this one. I have a second machine running W10 Ent. I m logged on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pinky and the Brain, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Remote Desktop - The logon attempt failed

I have a machine running W10 Pro. I am logged into the laptop with a Microsoft account this one. I have a second machine running W10 Ent. I m logged on there with a corporate AzureAD account. I want to Remote Desktop from W10E to W10P. I know the IP of W10P, if I ping using it's name, it is reconciled to the correct IP.When I rdp to it I use the name, but IP is the same, I am prompted for my creds, I enter them correctly! but get a "The logon attempt failed" Is there some additional configuration I need to do to enable Microsoft accounts? When I go to

:)

Pinky and the Brain, Apr 30, 2021

2. remote desktop fails

I'm trying to establish a remote desktop connection to another pc on my network. I get the IP, I open the remote desktop app, input the IP, and it asks me for my creds. I type in my Microsoft password, because it already has my username. And it says, "the
    logon attempt failed" Does that mean I have the wrong password? or what else?

MatthewMeinhart, Apr 30, 2021
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Remote Desktop - The logon attempt failed

Remote Desktop

I am not sure whether Microsoft accounts work with Remote Desktop. I would start by using a local admin account on the host.

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of this blank field.

Note also that the host must run Windows Professsional.

Frederik Long, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Remote Desktop - The logon attempt failed

1. Remote Desktop - The logon attempt failed - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop logon

2. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop connection: the logon attempt failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop connection: the logon attempt failed: How do I find out the username and password when the windows security ask me to enter? Any methods to disable it without entering credentials? I checked my windows credentials where it has no credentials. I sign in my both pc with my microsoft emails. I have tried my desktop...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop connection: the logon attempt failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop connection: the logon attempt failed: How do I find out the username and password when the windows security ask me to enter? Any methods to disable it without entering credentials? I checked my windows credentials where it has no credentials. I sign in my both pc with my microsoft emails. I have tried my desktop...
  4. Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts: Hello,a couple of days ago i logged on a PC in our network and realised someone was on that machine windows 10. I realized it immediately because i saw this on my screen:The first one is already in English and the second one says:CScript error: Loading of the script failed...
  5. Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts: Hello,a couple of days ago i logged on a PC in our network and realised someone was on that machine windows 10. I realized it immediately because i saw this on my screen:The first one is already in English and the second one says:CScript error: Loading of the script failed...
  6. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.: Hello,I am trying to make connection from my desktop to my laptop via Microsoft's RDP.Whenever I try to connect, my credentials do not work. I am using the same Microsoft account on both of these devices. And I am certain that these credentials work elsewhere.Now, I can...
  7. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.: Hello,I am trying to make connection from my desktop to my laptop via Microsoft's RDP.Whenever I try to connect, my credentials do not work. I am using the same Microsoft account on both of these devices. And I am certain that these credentials work elsewhere.Now, I can...
  8. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Remote Desktop, "Your credentials did not work" / "The login attempt failed"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop, "Your credentials did not work" / "The login attempt failed": I have two PCs in my home at present, one is a laptop and the other is a desktop/tower. Both are fully up to date and running Windows 10 Professional. Both operate fine on their own accord, but I cannot get Remote Desktop to work between them. The laptop is operating on...
  10. RD logon attempt failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RD logon attempt failed: Hello, I have a problem when using remote desktop connection on my laptop - basically it all works fine when i'm connected to the same network as the desktop i'm trying to connect to, however, when i'm away, on a different network and i try to login, it doesnt work anymore....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop logon attempt failed

2. logon attempt failed remote desktop

3. rdc not working keeps saying the logon attempt failed windows 10 home