Windows 10: Remote Desktop through VPN

Discus and support Remote Desktop through VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem connecting to my remote pc via VPN. I have the same vpn server connected from phone and remote pc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HoàngNguyễn Phạm Việt, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop through VPN

I have a problem connecting to my remote pc via VPN. I have the same vpn server connected from phone and remote pc.

:)

HoàngNguyễn Phạm Việt, Feb 27, 2020

2. WM6.5 - Remote desktop over VPN

So i am trying to access a server on my network using my MW6.5 remote desktop over a VPN-connection

These are the issues i have:

• Remote desktop connects locally but not remote
    • VPN is working for Active Sync but not Remote Desktop
    • I have tried to access the remote client using only Remote desktop, and also tried to start the VPN-connection manually but there is no go
    Remote desktop works perfectly locally but as soon as i am outside the network it don't work.
    I use the same VPN-settings as for my Active Sync (pushmail from my exchange) and i am also trying to access the exchange server... that is, the same IP is used for both Active Sync and Remote Desktop.

I would guess that since Active Sync activelly start the VPN-connection when it tries to sync my email Remote Desktop would do the same when i use it - but no!

I am using a localized HTC HD Mini (swedish), we have a cisco VPN-concentrator, server is running Windows Server 2008 R2. I would like to know how to make this work.
    (if i missed some info needed i will supply what is asked for)

Robert Österlund, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Remote Desktop through VPN

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop through VPN

1. Remote Desktop through VPN - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop through

2. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  3. Remote desktop connection via VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection via VPN: I have remote desktop on both a laptop and a mini PC. Both have windows 11 pro. I am able to connect while on the same network. I'd like to understand how to connect remotely while on different networks via the VPN method....
  4. Connecting to my desktop through Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to my desktop through Remote Desktop: I have set up my desktop to enable remote desktop connection, and I am able to access this desktop from my laptop when I am on the same network. However, when I try to access it from a different network like when I take my laptop to my mom's house I am no longer able to...
  5. Connecting to my desktop through Remote Desktop

Connecting to my desktop through Remote Desktop: I have set up my desktop to enable remote desktop connection, and I am able to access this desktop from my laptop when I am on the same network. However, when I try to access it from a different network like when I take my laptop to my mom's house I am no longer able to...
  6. Connecting to my desktop through Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Remote Desktop through different network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop through different network: Hello,I'm trying to use Microsoft RD to connect to my home PC remotely.It all works when making a connection on the same network, but when I try to connect from a different network I always some sort of an error message.I'll mention that I CAN connect remotely using the...
  8. Remote Desktop through different network

Remote Desktop through different network: Hello,I'm trying to use Microsoft RD to connect to my home PC remotely.It all works when making a connection on the same network, but when I try to connect from a different network I always some sort of an error message.I'll mention that I CAN connect remotely using the...
  9. Remote Desktop access to Always On VPN client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop access to Always On VPN client: I have a number of Always On VPN clients using system tunnels configured at our site...and it would be helpful to be able to connect via remote desktop to the Always On VPN clients. Is there a way to get the RDP listener to listen for connections on the Always-On VPN...
  10. Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection: Hello there, Can anyone help me with the below issue please, For some reason, i couldn't connect to my work remote desktop computer. However, i can connect this from my laptop. Recently got a new Desktop so, wanted to connect to my work virtual computer from my desktop....