Windows 10: Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen

Discus and support Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The setup. the user has locked his computer and went home for the day. When he gets home, he tries to remote his computer. So, he uses MS RDP to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KevinWarnick, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen

The setup. the user has locked his computer and went home for the day. When he gets home, he tries to remote his computer. So, he uses MS RDP to connect to the computer. Both computers are windows 11 and in the same domain. He puts the remote computer name in the RDP client and picks connect. The login screen comes up as expected. he puts in his username and password. which takes him to a blue screen that says that the computer is lock, please unlock. At this point there is nothing to do to dismiss the lock screen. I was able to logon to his computer as me and log him off. Then he could logon

:)

KevinWarnick, Oct 5, 2022
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Oct 5, 2022
  3. Sweat-PC Win User
    Computer freezes on the lock screen [Windows 11]

Hi everyone,

Since upgrading from Windows 10 Professional to Windows 11 Professional, my computer (desktop) has consistently crashed on the lock screen.

To be more specific, it crashes ONLY when I lock the computer (by using the windows key + L combination) after use. This does not occur when putting the PC to sleep.

I have re-seated the RAM as a troubleshooting step and have tried using other RAM sticks. I have also tried uninstalling software on the computer that I do not use to no avail.

Grateful for any suggestions on how to fix this issue without the need to reinstall the OS.

Regards

Sweat-PC, Oct 5, 2022
  4. Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen

1. Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen - Similar Threads - Remote desktop computer

2. Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen: The setup. the user has locked his computer and went home for the day. When he gets home, he tries to remote his computer. So, he uses MS RDP to connect to the computer. Both computers are windows 11 and in the same domain. He puts the remote computer name in the RDP client...
  3. Computer freezes on the lock screen [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes on the lock screen [Windows 11]: Hi everyone, Since upgrading from Windows 10 Professional to Windows 11 Professional, my computer desktop has consistently crashed on the lock screen. To be more specific, it crashes ONLY when I lock the computer by using the windows key + L combination after use. This does...
  4. Computer freezes on the lock screen [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes on the lock screen [Windows 11]: Hi everyone, Since upgrading from Windows 10 Professional to Windows 11 Professional, my computer desktop has consistently crashed on the lock screen. To be more specific, it crashes ONLY when I lock the computer by using the windows key + L combination after use. This does...
  5. Windows 11 - Remote Desktop - Mouse clicking on opposite screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Remote Desktop - Mouse clicking on opposite screen: Hello! I have a very strange issue occurring.When i'm remoted into my windows 10 pro computer with multi screens, I can click the start menu on my left monitor and it would open up on my right monitor, and if i click on my right monitor start menu it opens on my left.At which...
  6. Remote Desktop on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop on Windows 11: Does anyone know if Windows 11 has Remote Desktop feature and do I need a Pro version for it? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-on-windows-11/7e16999e-3944-40b9-8266-6aa0214de12c
  7. Remote Desktop on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop on Windows 11: Does anyone know if Windows 11 has Remote Desktop feature and do I need a Pro version for it? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-on-windows-11/7e16999e-3944-40b9-8266-6aa0214de12c
  8. Remote Desktop and Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote Desktop and Lock Screen: Hi! I have a trouble logging into my computer via LAN whenever the computer locks. I get the "Internal error occurred" error message. Since the computer to which I'm trying to connect is a PC, I tried setting it to never lock to go to sleep or lock. This doesn't seem to...
  9. Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session: Hi All, I've just recently started using Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop When I remote to another device, say a PC. This causes the PC to automatically go to the lock screen. This seems to be default. I can still remotely access the PC, everything is fine except the person...
  10. remote computer ends up on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote computer ends up on the lock screen: I have related issue. Every time Windows 10 forces a critical update. The computer ends up on the lock screen instead of finishing loading as it does on normal restart. It's a problem becuase the computer is remote location. So every time critical update happens. I blocked...