Windows 10: Remote desktop to get content when out of Country

Discus and support Remote desktop to get content when out of Country in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I am currently in Costa Rica and I cannot get many programs on my laptop that are available in my comcast/xfinity package. With a VPN I can get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lostinspaceQF, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Remote desktop to get content when out of Country

Hi. I am currently in Costa Rica and I cannot get many programs on my laptop that are available in my comcast/xfinity package. With a VPN I can get some of the "ToGo"content but much of the content is only available "in home". If I enable remote desktop access on my home computer and I am able to connect from Costa Rica, will xfinity be able to see that I am viewing these programs in Costa Rica and thus interrupt the program? Would I even need a VPN if I did this?

Your feedback is appreciated.

:)

lostinspaceQF, Mar 20, 2019

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Remote desktop to get content when out of Country

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Remote desktop to get content when out of Country

1. Remote desktop to get content when out of Country - Similar Threads - Remote desktop content

2. I keep getting this error Remote Desktop Connection [Content] Your computer could not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting this error Remote Desktop Connection [Content] Your computer could not...: I previously had my remote desktop connected to my old phone but had to get rid of it, well because of an ex : but I keep getting this error message that states it that it can not connect to another console because I have a console in session, I was not ableto clear anyhting...
  3. I keep getting this error Remote Desktop Connection [Content] Your computer could not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting this error Remote Desktop Connection [Content] Your computer could not...: I previously had my remote desktop connected to my old phone but had to get rid of it, well because of an ex : but I keep getting this error message that states it that it can not connect to another console because I have a console in session, I was not ableto clear anyhting...
  4. Remote Desktop - Sign Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop - Sign Out: TBH using Remote Desktop is a pain at the best of times in a corporate environment. Granted, it has the advantage of Active Directory management, but I would much prefer terminal access to a Linux/Unix environment. Unfortunately, the implementation of 'cloud technologies',...
  5. Remote Desktop - Sign Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop - Sign Out: TBH using Remote Desktop is a pain at the best of times in a corporate environment. Granted, it has the advantage of Active Directory management, but I would much prefer terminal access to a Linux/Unix environment. Unfortunately, the implementation of 'cloud technologies',...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection dropping out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection dropping out: I am finding that connections established Using Remote Desktop Connection keep dropping out after about 10 seconds. It worked fine for about 5 weeks, but it hasn't worked for the last 10 days. Both my computer at home and at the location of my remote computer indicate...
  7. Remote desktop logs out on drop

Remote desktop logs out on drop: Hi, Since Update 1903, I am experiencing a serious issue with Remote Desktop at least once per day. The session is dropping, but when I restart remote desktop to log in, I have been completely logged out (or maybe the login session has crashed?) I'm not sure if...
  8. User gets signed out when another user logs in to use Remote Desktop

User gets signed out when another user logs in to use Remote Desktop: I have a problem in that i user disconnects the other user, more detail below: The main pc (called Server-pc) has 3 users, 'administrator', 'owner' and 'client'. another computer has 1 user (client) when the 'owner' is using the server-pc and the another pc user on pc...
  9. Remote Desktop options greyed out

Remote Desktop options greyed out: Hi, Hoping this is the correct area for this issue and that maybe someone has some suggestions because I have been unable to find anything. It's quite simple, the Remote Desktop options have both become greyed out. The 'allow remote help requests' is still available. I...
  10. Twitter on Country Withheld Content

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter on Country Withheld Content: Twitter was founded on a commitment to transparency. We launched our first Twitter Transparency Report to shine light on government requests back in the summer of 2012. Later that year, we announced our Country Withheld Content(CWC) tool, which we use to transparently handle...