Windows 10: Remote Desktop to Windows 10 Keeps Timing out Then Can't Reconnect

Discus and support Remote Desktop to Windows 10 Keeps Timing out Then Can't Reconnect in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, everyone. I have a very weird issue with Remote Desktop that just started a few days ago. My setup: I have a Windows 7 computer (stand alone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GFBryan, Mar 27, 2019.

1. GFBryan Win User

Remote Desktop to Windows 10 Keeps Timing out Then Can't Reconnect

Hello, everyone. I have a very weird issue with Remote Desktop that just started a few days ago. My setup: I have a Windows 7 computer (stand alone Lenovo desktop), connecting over remote desktop to a Windows 10 (virtual desktop running on VMware - we'll call this the REMOTE computer). For close to a year now, this has worked flawlessly, but a few days ago the following issue started to occur.

If the user on the Windows 7 computer is idle for a certain period of time on the remote desktop window (haven't been able to pinpoint the timing), they will lose their connection, and the remote desktop window will close. When they go to reconnect, they get the following error: "can't connect to the remote computer". The error message is INSTANT with no time delay. The main fix I have working now is to open up the console via VMware to the REMOTE computer, and login "locally". This seems to kick the REMOTE computer back into gear, and my RD user can reconnect. Sometimes however even this doesn't do the trick, and I have to restart the REMOTE computer to get it working.

I've experienced the same issue trying to connect to the REMOTE computer from MY Windows 10 laptop, and the problem persists. Because of this, I believe it has something to do with a sleep/timeout issue on the REMOTE computer or maybe a problem with the Remote Desktop service on it.

Anyone have an idea on what is causing this and how to fix?

Thanks!

Bryan

:)

GFBryan, Mar 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Remote Desktop to Windows 10 Keeps Timing out Then Can't Reconnect

Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

Hello

A pleasure to help you

I suggest that you execute all the updates that you have pending with Windows Update, performing the following steps.

How can I keep my equipment updated? in the following link: Windows Update: frequently asked questions.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/...

Then the controllers are displayed directly from the PC manufacturer's page, for the operation of the new one.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402844...

In the following link you can consult everything related to the Remote Connection client for Windows 10. Remote desktop clients

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

Let me know if I can continue attending.

Greetings Dayamis

dayamiperez, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop to Windows 10 Keeps Timing out Then Can't Reconnect

1. Remote Desktop to Windows 10 Keeps Timing out Then Can't Reconnect - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Keeps

2. Remote Desktop - Sign Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop - Sign Out: TBH using Remote Desktop is a pain at the best of times in a corporate environment. Granted, it has the advantage of Active Directory management, but I would much prefer terminal access to a Linux/Unix environment. Unfortunately, the implementation of 'cloud technologies',...
  3. Remote Desktop - Sign Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop - Sign Out: TBH using Remote Desktop is a pain at the best of times in a corporate environment. Granted, it has the advantage of Active Directory management, but I would much prefer terminal access to a Linux/Unix environment. Unfortunately, the implementation of 'cloud technologies',...
  4. Remote Desktop - Can't login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Can't login: I'm using a Mac trying to connect to a PC.I get a certificate error:The certificate couldn't be verified back to the root certificate.I have the option to continue, and I do.The PC then won't accept my login credentials for my main account.It will accept it for a user account...
  5. Remote Desktop Can't Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Can't Connect: Hi Guys, Having trouble connecting a Windows 7 Laptop to a Windows 10 Desktop via remote desktop. Both are on the same network. The usual has been done already i.e. Enable Remote Desktop, Allow Remote Desktop through a Firewall etc. On Windows 7 Laptop's Remote Desktop...
  6. Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some users have reported that the Allow remote connections to this computer are greyed out and by default, the Don’t allow remote connections to this […] This article Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Can't connect to remote desktop

Can't connect to remote desktop: I can't seem to connect to my remote desktop from college as it keeps asking me to 'Enter my credentials' multiple times even when I did enter it, it asks me again. So I don't if its a hardware or software problem would appreciate it if anyone can reply if they know whats...
  8. Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect

Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect: I have been using remote desktop for years without any issues. Several weeks ago after a windows update I cannot use my remote desktop outside my internal network. It works fine in the home & I connect with my ipad using mobile remote desktop. but when Im at work I can...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

Remote Desktop Connection constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: I have installed Windows 10 on five computers or my home network and I am finding that connections established Using Remote Desktop Connection keep dropping out after about 10 seconds. This happens with connections between any two computers. I never had this problem before I...
  10. Can't connect with Remote Desktop

Can't connect with Remote Desktop: Hay everyone, I am having an issue with Remote Desktop. It works fine locally but i can't get a connection remotely. Here is the message it am getting. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Here are some of the settings on system i am trying to remote into. [ATTACH] Some things i have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop connection disconnected cant reconnect

2. remote desktop client disconnects and cant reconnect to the same session

3. remote desktop connection timing out but didnt before 1903 update

4. remote desktop cant reconnect,
  5. rdc disconnects and then cant reconnect until reboot,
  6. cant reconnect to remote desktop windows 10