Windows 10: Remote desktop tool upgrade

Discus and support Remote desktop tool upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; one of the machines in our network is running Remote Desktop protocol 10.2 , We would like to upgrade to 10.5, is there any way to get patches... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by I.T. SupportAA, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Remote desktop tool upgrade

one of the machines in our network is running Remote Desktop protocol 10.2 , We would like to upgrade to 10.5, is there any way to get patches directly. I have run windows updates, but it says your system is up to date.

:)

I.T. SupportAA, Sep 25, 2018
  2. DarkEgo Win User

Remote desktop tool

I need a remote desktop tool that will allow me to connect to a linux computer from a windows computer. I am using ubuntu. My linux computer is my file server/ torrenting computer. I don't have a monitor to use for it (nor room for a monitor) so I was thinking I could just use a remote desktop tool. I would also like to be able to connect to other windows based machines (like my game server). Any sugestions on a good FREE remote desktop tool for windows and linux.

DarkEgo, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Remote desktop tool upgrade

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Remote desktop tool upgrade

1. Remote desktop tool upgrade - Similar Threads - Remote desktop tool

2. Remote Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Tool: Hello, I am sure this has been asked before. But does Microsoft/Windows have their Own Remote Tool software? Such as TeamViewer etc?If so is it a Commercial Product? Is it available as part of a Licence. Any advice you can give would be greatful.Thanks...
  3. Remote Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Tool: Hello, I am sure this has been asked before. But does Microsoft/Windows have their Own Remote Tool software? Such as TeamViewer etc?If so is it a Commercial Product? Is it available as part of a Licence. Any advice you can give would be greatful.Thanks...
  4. Remote Tool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on both computers but when I try to connect using Remote Desktop it tells me 'The remote computer is not available on the network' How do I resolve?...
  6. Remote desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop: My PC freezes when I am trying to copy and paste on the remote desktop using VPM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/9ad87e89-f004-4c05-9a9b-c7a9d94cf54b
  7. remote desktop

remote desktop: Cannot connect to remote desktop pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/63931850-567c-4fe0-a50e-206f9c9ec231
  8. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop: What version of Windows 10 do I need to get a license for to be able to connect to work remotely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/34cd5035-ac89-414f-ac58-2b14550cb7ed"
  9. remote desktop

remote desktop: windows 10 no longer connects to remote xp computer on same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/f46d2e85-7938-4abc-a751-04b842c31159
  10. Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop: I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 with a 4K UHD display. I frequently use remote desktop with my laptop to connect to a Windows 10 desktop system in my home. I've been doing this for years without a problem until I upgraded my laptop to a 4K UHD display....