Windows 10: Remote Desktop UI, allow choosing which monitors to use.

Discus and support Remote Desktop UI, allow choosing which monitors to use. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When you have more than 2 monitors, there is no option to choose in the UI which monitors to use, i.e. If you have monitor 1, 2, 3, 4, span... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ARodz305, Nov 12, 2020.

1. ARodz305 Win User

Remote Desktop UI, allow choosing which monitors to use.

Remote Desktop UI, allow choosing which monitors to use. 1d5f6269-884d-47d3-ada8-a4bdebe53fc3?upload=true.png

When you have more than 2 monitors, there is no option to choose in the UI which monitors to use, i.e. If you have monitor 1, 2, 3, 4, span fullscreen only in 1, 2.

There is an option to set this by editing the .rdp file and changing the attribute "selectedmonitors", however, many consumers of RDP such as Citrix do not allow saving an .rdp file. This features could have been added to the UI, multimonitor usage has become standard.

:)

ARodz305, Nov 12, 2020

2. 5 monitors on Remote Desktop

I have an issue with Microsoft Remote Desktop.

I am running 5 monitors on an 580 AMD 8GB GPU.

This was working fine locally and on the remote desktop - however now when I try to connect to the remote, it only allows one monitor on the remote desktop. If I unplug any one of the monitors, I can get 4 of the monitors to work over the remote.

Not sure if this is to do with an AMD update, remote, or my GPU. I don't think it is the GPU as this powers all five perfectly well, and I also switch on my motherboards DVI port and ran one monitor off that and 4 on the GPU, and still didn't work.

Any suggestions welcome....

FairlyLocal, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop Dual Monitor

just downloaded windows 10 Pro, because windows 10 Home didn't support remote desktop. Now I cannot get my second monitor to work in the Remote Desktop, only allows it on one monitor.

ReneeBurke1, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Remote Desktop UI, allow choosing which monitors to use.

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop UI, allow choosing which monitors to use.

1. Remote Desktop UI, allow choosing which monitors to use. - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop allow

2. Which monitor upgrade would you choose?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which monitor upgrade would you choose?: I'm trying to decide on my next monitor purchase and am struggling between primarily two different options. My current monitor is a 6-7 year old Acer Predator x34p (38" 1440p ultrawide, no HDR). For the last year now I have been trying to decide whether to go with the same...
  3. Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors: I have a Microsoft 11 Home computer and am using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app not the Remote Desktop Connection app. I've been working from home since the pandemic, and have finally invested in a new set-up, but I cannot get the dual monitors to work on my new computer...
  4. Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors: I have a Microsoft 11 Home computer and am using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app not the Remote Desktop Connection app. I've been working from home since the pandemic, and have finally invested in a new set-up, but I cannot get the dual monitors to work on my new computer...
  5. How do I choose which monitor new desktop icons appear on?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I choose which monitor new desktop icons appear on?: I am using a computer with multiple monitors. I have monitor 1 set as my main display, and monitor 2 is secondary. When I save a file to my desktop, the file always seems to appear on my secondary monitor instead of my main display, even though monitor 1 is set to be the main...
  6. Remote Desktop - Allow Better Use of Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop - Allow Better Use of Multiple Monitors: I would like the ability to better use my multiple monitor system I have three. I know there is an option for "use all monitors" but that doesn't always fit how I want to use things. Often, I want to use my laptop without Remote Desktop, and my two large monitors as my...
  7. Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors: I have a laptop that is connected to two external monitors and everything works great until we log into a remote desktop. Once logged in we can't make the screen full size or move windows from one monitor to the other. I've double-checked the RDP setting to show full screen...
  8. Using Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Remote Desktop: I have Windows 10 home on my desktop and absolutely need to remote into it from my laptop. Apparently you can't do this with windows 10 unless you upgrade to pro which isn't free of charge. Do I need to go back to windows 8 in order to do this?...
  9. 5 monitors on Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5 monitors on Remote Desktop: I have an issue with Microsoft Remote Desktop. I am running 5 monitors on an 580 AMD 8GB GPU. This was working fine locally and on the remote desktop - however now when I try to connect to the remote, it only allows one monitor on the remote desktop. If I unplug any one...
  10. Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...