Windows 10: Remote desktop user name and password trouble

Discus and support Remote desktop user name and password trouble in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to use the remote desktop feature with an Android phone. At the logon screen on my phone it autofills my user namemy email and asks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stephenMcDaid, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Remote desktop user name and password trouble

Hello,

I'm trying to use the remote desktop feature with an Android phone. At the logon screen on my phone it autofills my user namemy email and asks for a password. I've tried both the password I use to access my computer and my Microsoft account password. Neither works. Any help would be apricated.

:)

stephenMcDaid, Sep 15, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.

Hi. Stace

My name is Ben

Independent Advisor

I hope to help.

Taking into account that the problem is affecting the remote connection of Windows 10 Pro. Ideally, you should follow these steps to solve the cause of the problem:

• Verify that the remote computer is powered on and have a network connection.

• Check if it is enabled and you must have network access to the remote computer (which can be through the Internet) and permission to connect.

• You must be in the list of users.

• Before starting a connection, it is recommended that you look for the name of the computer to which you are going to connect and make sure that Remote Desktop connections are allowed through your firewall.

• If your user account does not require a password to log in, you will have to add a password in order to start a connection with a remote computer.

Once you have made these and continue with the failure, you can perform these steps:

1. Open System.

To do this, click on the Start button, right click on Computer and then click Properties.

2. Click on Remote Access Settings.

If you are asked for an administrator password or confirmation, enter the password or provide the confirmation. In Remote Desktop, select one of the three options.

3. Click on Select users.

If you are a team administrator, your current user account will automatically be added to the list of remote users and you can skip the next two steps.

4. In the Remote Desktop Users dialog box, click Add.

5. In the Select Users or Groups dialog box, do the following:

1. To specify the search location, press or click Locations and select the location you want to search.

2. Under Type the object names you want to select, type the name of the user you want to add, and then click OK.

3. The name will be displayed in the list of users in the Remote Desktop Users dialog box. Click OK, and then click OK again.

Note:

You can not connect to a computer that is in sleep or hibernation mode; therefore, make sure that the sleep and hibernation mode settings on the remote machine are Never. (Hibernation mode is not available on all computers).

MilagrosM2020, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Jizzler Win User

Remote desktop user name and password trouble

remote desktop woe`s

Users that are part of the Remote Desktop Users group and have a password set would be able to log into the computer remotely.

Jizzler, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Remote desktop user name and password trouble

1. Remote desktop user name and password trouble - Similar Threads - Remote desktop user

2. Remote Desktop Access User Account Password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Access User Account Password?: I have been trying to log in to remote access from my Mac to my Windows 11 pro PC for a few hours now.I have the IP entered, however, it asks for a username and password for the user account.I tried my Microsoft email and password, but that did not work, and the PIN to my...
  3. Remote Desktop Access User Account Password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Access User Account Password?: I have been trying to log in to remote access from my Mac to my Windows 11 pro PC for a few hours now.I have the IP entered, however, it asks for a username and password for the user account.I tried my Microsoft email and password, but that did not work, and the PIN to my...
  4. Remote Desktop Troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Troubles: When I work from home I tend to turn on my work laptop then connect to it from my home PC using remote desktop. I had this working well on my PC but I've just built a new PC. I would always log in on my laptop first, then when I connected from my PC it would already be logged...
  5. Remote Desktop Troubles

Remote Desktop Troubles: When I work from home I tend to turn on my work laptop then connect to it from my home PC using remote desktop. I had this working well on my PC but I've just built a new PC. I would always log in on my laptop first, then when I connected from my PC it would already be logged...
  6. Remote Desktop Troubles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Issue connecting using remote desktop: Unknown user name or bad password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue connecting using remote desktop: Unknown user name or bad password: I recently got a 3rd hp laptop since I needed more than 16GB of memory. I am trying to connect to this laptop from the other laptops but when I enter my credentials it is failing and the event viewer shows the reason to be "Unknown user name or bad password". Looking up this...
  8. Issue connecting using remote desktop: Unknown user name or bad password

Issue connecting using remote desktop: Unknown user name or bad password: I recently got a 3rd hp laptop since I needed more than 16GB of memory. I am trying to connect to this laptop from the other laptops but when I enter my credentials it is failing and the event viewer shows the reason to be "Unknown user name or bad password". Looking up this...
  9. Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password: I have a Win10 point of sale station that I don't want to have any Windows logon requirements. The POS software will require a log in to operate the cash register. To enable remote desktop I was forced to create a password for the user logon. The problem is if I remote into...
  10. Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password: I have a Win10 point of sale station that I don't want to have any Windows logon requirements. The POS software will require a log in to operate the cash register. To enable remote desktop I was forced to create a password for the user logon. The problem is if I remote into...