Windows 10: remote desktop users

Discus and support remote desktop users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem in that i user disconnects the other user, more detail below: The main pc (called Server-pc) has 3 users, 'administrator', 'owner'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisAppel1, May 29, 2019.

1. remote desktop users

I have a problem in that i user disconnects the other user, more detail below:

The main pc (called Server-pc) has 3 users, 'administrator', 'owner' and 'client'. another computer has 1 user (client) when the 'owner' is using the server-pc and the another pc user on pc (called client- pc) logs on the the server-pc use RDS, it logs the 'owner' off

I have gone in and run -gpedit.msc and enabled extra users and permissions but nothing seems to change,
    Everything was going OK until a couple of weeks ago and then the issue started.

Any help would be great

cheers
    Chris

:)

ChrisAppel1, May 29, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, May 29, 2019
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 29, 2019
  4. remote desktop users

Streaming/Remote desktop

Hey!
    I was wondering - is it possible to play games on my laptop through my desktop? Sometimes I really want to enjoy the power of a desktop, with the comfort of a laptop. In the same or just next to the room from where the desktop is located. Both machines would be connected with a D-Link DIR 825(300Mb/s), the laptop is capable enough (i3 & 740M). The only thing that came in my mind is using remote desktop, which would be almost OK, except it renders the PC useless for other users.

Any suggestions? *Smile remote desktop users :)

MustSeeMelons, May 29, 2019
Thema:

remote desktop users

1. remote desktop users - Similar Threads - remote desktop users

2. Remote Desktop Access User Account Password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Access User Account Password?: I have been trying to log in to remote access from my Mac to my Windows 11 pro PC for a few hours now.I have the IP entered, however, it asks for a username and password for the user account.I tried my Microsoft email and password, but that did not work, and the PIN to my...
  3. Remote Desktop Access User Account Password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Access User Account Password?: I have been trying to log in to remote access from my Mac to my Windows 11 pro PC for a few hours now.I have the IP entered, however, it asks for a username and password for the user account.I tried my Microsoft email and password, but that did not work, and the PIN to my...
  4. Add users for Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add users for Remote Desktop: Hi All,This may seem like a simple question but I cannot find an answer after much searching. I want to set up Remote Desktop to access a computer let's call it computer2 over the internet from my home computer computer1. Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro. I...
  5. Remote desktop user name and password trouble

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop user name and password trouble: Hello, I'm trying to use the remote desktop feature with an Android phone. At the logon screen on my phone it autofills my user namemy email and asks for a password. I've tried both the password I use to access my computer and my Microsoft account password. Neither works....
  6. Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.: I am setting up an HTPC in my basement that also will serve as my media server. My goal is to have the computer locally signed in as a normal user, displayed on the TV. But my concern is, will I be able to remotely sign into my “Plex” user and leave the viewer unaffected...
  7. Remote Desktop - Multiple Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop - Multiple Users: I have set up my primary PC in my basement and am using a laptop to remote into it in my office. I have remote desktop set up so that I as the primary user (admin) can log in, but I would like to set up additional profiles so that my kids can log in using their profiles on...
  8. Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password: I have a Win10 point of sale station that I don't want to have any Windows logon requirements. The POS software will require a log in to operate the cash register. To enable remote desktop I was forced to create a password for the user logon. The problem is if I remote into...
  9. Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Remote Desktop without User/Password: I have a Win10 point of sale station that I don't want to have any Windows logon requirements. The POS software will require a log in to operate the cash register. To enable remote desktop I was forced to create a password for the user logon. The problem is if I remote into...
  10. Add or Remove Remote Desktop Users in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Remote Desktop Users in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Remote Desktop Users in Windows How to Add or Remove Remote Desktop Users in Windows You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows PC from a remote device. When you allow remote desktop connections to...