Windows 10: Remote Desktop UWP App: How can I stop the title bar from popping up?

Discus and support Remote Desktop UWP App: How can I stop the title bar from popping up? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to use the Remote Desktop UWP app right now to connect to remote servers. But I keep running into the following problem: I'll try to close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andy Green AndyG, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Remote Desktop UWP App: How can I stop the title bar from popping up?

I'm trying to use the Remote Desktop UWP app right now to connect to remote servers. But I keep running into the following problem:

I'll try to close a window within the remote session, but as I click in the top right corner of the remote session, the RDP app's title bar pops up and I end up closing the entire remote session. This is incredibly annoying and makes the RDP UWP app basically unusable.

Is there a way to stop the titlebar from unexpectedly popping up when I'm using the RDP app in fullscreen?

This question was aksed by Armin Silvanein 2018 and the thread is marked as locked but there was no resolution and the problem still exists, so I'm asking again in the hopes that it can get fixed.

:)

Andy Green AndyG, Apr 14, 2021

2. Remote Desktop UWP App: How can I stop the title bar from popping up?

I'm trying to use the Remote Desktop UWP app right now to connect to remote servers. But I keep running into the following problem:

I'll try to close a window within the remote session, but as I click in the top right corner of the remote session, the RDP app's title bar pops up and I end up closing the entire remote session. This is incredibly annoying and makes the RDP UWP app basically
    unusable.

Is there a way to stop the titlebar from unexpectedly popping up when I'm using the RDP app in fullscreen?

Armin Silvane, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Possible to adjust UWP apps' (such as Calculator) title bar height?

I think the title bars are too tall, so I made it thinner by modifying some registry values under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics. The title bar height of traditional Windows apps like Notepad is adjusted, but not that of UWP apps like Calculator. Is it possible to reduce the height of UWP title bar? Or is there no way?

Damn Vegetables, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Remote Desktop UWP App: How can I stop the title bar from popping up?

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What is the Make and Model of your Computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    There's a Remote Desktop App available in Windows 10. Follow the steps below to find it:

• Click the Search Bar which is in the Task Bar.
    • Type in Remote Desktop App .
    • Once it pops up click on it and follow the on screen instructions to use it.

If you're facing issues with the app downloaded form the Windows Store I suggest you to run the Windows 10 App troubleshooter and check if this helps. Refer to the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Remote Desktop UWP App: How can I stop the title bar from popping up?

1. Remote Desktop UWP App: How can I stop the title bar from popping up? - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop UWP

2. Remote Desktop UWP - titlebar in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop UWP - titlebar in fullscreen: I have a question about using Remote Desktop UWP app in fullscreen. When I move cursor to upper corner the title bar appears and it covers content of remote window. Is there any way to disable this behavior - don't show title bar or show it always without covering content of...
  3. Remote Desktop UWP - titlebar in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop UWP - titlebar in fullscreen: I have a question about using Remote Desktop UWP app in fullscreen. When I move cursor to upper corner the title bar appears and it covers content of remote window. Is there any way to disable this behavior - don't show title bar or show it always without covering content of...
  4. Remote Desktop UWP - titlebar in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I stop pop up onscreen advertising

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I stop pop up onscreen advertising: I keep getting these pop up advertising windows on my bottom right corner from "Move notification to action center" and I do not know how and or why! I just want to make it stop but I have no idea how it started or how to stop it! Can I get some help or am I in the wrong...
  6. Remote Desktop UWP Autohide Title Bar

Remote Desktop UWP Autohide Title Bar: How do I get the Title Bar to only appear when I hover the mouse over this? Instead of appearing when the cursor touches the top of the screen? [ATTACH] I saw it briefly on another computer, it had a light blue bar over the black, similar to this; [ATTACH]...
  7. How can I stop messaging app responses popping up on my screen?

How can I stop messaging app responses popping up on my screen?: For some time now, if I'm using a messaging app happens with more than one messaging app so I don't think it's the app, replies that I get appear on the side of the screen unless I have the messaging app up at the moment the reply is sent. This is what I mean: [ATTACH]...
  8. Remote Desktop UWP App: How can I stop the title bar from popping up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop UWP App: How can I stop the title bar from popping up?: I'm trying to use the Remote Desktop UWP app right now to connect to remote servers. But I keep running into the following problem: I'll try to close a window within the remote session, but as I click in the top right corner of the remote session, the RDP app's title bar...
  9. How do I fix the stretched title bars on maximized desktop apps

How do I fix the stretched title bars on maximized desktop apps: In Windows 10, there is a really annoying UI issue that hasn't been fixed since insider build before RTM. Basically, if you maximize a universal app, the size of the title bar and buttons stay the same. However, if you maximize a desktop app, the title bar becomes shorter,...
  10. UWP Remote Control App is great from a tablet.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    UWP Remote Control App is great from a tablet.: I have been using the standard remote control app from my Windows tablet to connect to other installs on my laptop (Host or a vm). I use touchmousepointer to flip flop tablet into mousepointer or touchscreen mode. Problem is if tablet is in mouse mode, you have to click...