Windows 10: Remote Desktop w/ Pin - Cannot Login

Discus and support Remote Desktop w/ Pin - Cannot Login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Connected thru a VPN to remote desktop. User1 cannot login using pin and cannot get the pin option to show-up. Only password and it says the password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rodney Bame, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop w/ Pin - Cannot Login

Connected thru a VPN to remote desktop.

User1 cannot login using pin and cannot get the pin option to show-up. Only password and it says the password is wrong, but it is not.

If remotely connect to same PC with my account, the PIN option works and I can access the PC.

The PC is Windows 10 Pro and tied to our work accounts thru Office 365.

:)

Rodney Bame, Apr 24, 2020

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 24, 2020
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Remote Desktop w/ Pin - Cannot Login

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop w/ Pin - Cannot Login

1. Remote Desktop w/ Pin - Cannot Login - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Pin

2. Remote Desktop login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop login: I use remote desktop frequently to access pcs on a lan. Using mixture of windows 10 and 11. When logging in remotely to a microsoft email account the rdp usually required the PIN not the password. I just set up a new win 11 pro and it requires the password when I log on to it...
  3. Remote Desktop login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop login: I use remote desktop frequently to access pcs on a lan. Using mixture of windows 10 and 11. When logging in remotely to a microsoft email account the rdp usually required the PIN not the password. I just set up a new win 11 pro and it requires the password when I log on to it...
  4. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  5. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  6. Remote Desktop - Can't login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Can't login: I'm using a Mac trying to connect to a PC.I get a certificate error:The certificate couldn't be verified back to the root certificate.I have the option to continue, and I do.The PC then won't accept my login credentials for my main account.It will accept it for a user account...
  7. Cannot Login To Windows from Remote Desktop on Mac OS

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Login To Windows from Remote Desktop on Mac OS: Hello,I am running into an issue with a pc we have in our studio that I am trying to connect to using Microsoft Remote Desktop app on a Mac. Mac OS 11.4; MRD v10.6.7; 1896 Windows 10 pro 2004 19041.1052I am using Remote Desktop to connect to a pc from my MacBook Pro, both in...
  8. Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.: I cannot remotely login from a Windows 10 machine (computer1) to Windows 7 machine (computer2) get the error "Remote Desktop cannot find the computer "computer2". This might mean the "computer2" does not belong to the specified network. Verify the computer name and domain...
  9. Remote Login - Password or Pin?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Login - Password or Pin?: I don't understand why I have a "PIN" for Windows 10. Anyway, I'm setting up Remote Login. It'll be less confusing if I knew WHAT THE PASSWORD is! Do I use the PIN or some other password? When I set up Win10 *somehow* I used my Microsoft Account to set up stuff....
  10. fail to login remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    fail to login remote desktop: I have a windows server 2012R2, and have 2 local account for remote purpose (account A : with administrator group, account B : not in administrator group) when remote from a windows 7, everything works fine, but when remote from a windows 10, 1) only the account B is...