Windows 10: Remote Desktop:Windows 10 connect to Windows 7 with Multiple Monitor Support

Discus and support Remote Desktop:Windows 10 connect to Windows 7 with Multiple Monitor Support in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please help. I previously owned a Windows 7 PC at home and would remote into a Windows 7 PC at work. This connection would allow my home PC to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tindallm, Mar 24, 2019.

1. tindallm Win User

Remote Desktop:Windows 10 connect to Windows 7 with Multiple Monitor Support

Please help. I previously owned a Windows 7 PC at home and would remote into a Windows 7 PC at work. This connection would allow my home PC to use all of the monitors on my work PC and dual displays at home.

I purchased a Windows 10 PC for home and am unable to replicate the same condition I had with Windows 7 and multiple displays being replicated at home from my work PC. I have read many old post from 2017 that are closed and have no resolution for this issue. Can I configure Windows 10 desktop connect to use all of the monitors on my Windows 7 PC, like Windows 7 would?

FYI, I had no choice but to purchase Windows 10 with a new PC. If I knew this was going to be an issue, I would have stayed with my Windows 7 machine.

:)

tindallm, Mar 24, 2019

2. Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

Try this: Radmin: Reliable Remote Support Software for IT Pros . Use it more than three years. Fast, and most importantly safe program for remote computer management. Benefits - high speed, reliable security system.

Blasto Zero, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. TTT
    TTT Win User

Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

In common with many others I was horrified to find that Windows 7 pro, which advertised support for RDP, did not support multiple monitors. I needed Ultimate for that.

What's the story in Windows 10? Can I use RDP with multiple monitors in Windows 10 pro? And can I connect to a Windows 7 pro laptop using a dual monitor Windows 10 Pro desktop?

Thanks

Thema:

1. Remote Desktop:Windows 10 connect to Windows 7 with Multiple Monitor Support - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop connect

2. Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11: Despite enabling the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" option in Remote Desktop Connection in Win11 connecting with a Win7 host, the session only display 1 screen. Both the host and view machines have 2 monitors each and are configured in the same orientation.Dual...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11: Despite enabling the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" option in Remote Desktop Connection in Win11 connecting with a Win7 host, the session only display 1 screen. Both the host and view machines have 2 monitors each and are configured in the same orientation.Dual...
  4. Can I connect to a windows 10 pro system with multiple monitors as the remote desktop using...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I connect to a windows 10 pro system with multiple monitors as the remote desktop using...: This isn't really for me but my parents who are both working from home, both have win10 home, and both can't seem to get multiple monitors working when they RDP into their machines at their workplaces. Now, I have read conflicting things and I don't know which is correct....
  5. Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors: I have a laptop that is connected to two external monitors and everything works great until we log into a remote desktop. Once logged in we can't make the screen full size or move windows from one monitor to the other. I've double-checked the RDP setting to show full screen...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection Not Supporting in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Connection Not Supporting in Windows 10: Dear Team, Please, Remote Desktop Connection for Multiple User is Not supporting by default. For the Past Few years We are using RDPWrap-v1.6.2 and able to connect with Multiple User Login but the issue is it is disconnecting Frequently. Kindly Need your Help and...
  7. Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors: Just switched to Windows Server 2016 Standard implementing RDS. We want remote users to be able to use Timezone redirection and enabled it in Group Policy. It does not work with the Remote Desktop Connection so after hours of trying we tried the Microsoft Remote Desktop APP....
  8. Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop: Hello, Going to be straightforward in hopes that I can get this solved. I very much need two monitors running the same RDP session to do my job. This is a company laptop and company remote desktop. 1. Host laptop is Windows 10 Enterprise. 2. Remote desktop is Windows 7...
  9. Windows Support to connect remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Support to connect remote desktop: Windows Support to connect more than 2 PC with the same Public IP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-support-to-connect-remote-desktop/a0bb862e-1d2f-4ab9-8d88-d3021fbc3e2a
  10. Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10: In common with many others I was horrified to find that Windows 7 pro, which advertised support for RDP, did not support multiple monitors. I needed Ultimate for that. What's the story in Windows 10? Can I use RDP with multiple monitors in Windows 10 pro? And can I connect...