Windows 10: Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - The credentials that were used to...

Discus and support Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - The credentials that were used to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As above I am trying to connect my Windows 10 Home laptop to my Windows 10 Pro Desktop using RDP. When trying to do this I receive the error 'The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DJ MD 87, Dec 16, 2018.

1. DJ MD 87 Win User

Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - The credentials that were used to...

As above I am trying to connect my Windows 10 Home laptop to my Windows 10 Pro Desktop using RDP.

When trying to do this I receive the error 'The credentials that were used to connect to *.*.*.* did not work.

These credentials are being copied and pasted, and are also the ones used to login here so I know they are correct.

I have had this problem before but do not remember how it was solved.

The steps I have tried are:

Checking remote desktop is enabled:

None of these steps have helped atall. I am certain the server is initially accepting the connection as the progress bar moves to 'securing connection' before the connection is dropped.

Any help would be very much appreciated

:)

DJ MD 87, Dec 16, 2018
  2. dortegajr Win User

Invalid Login Credentials Remote Desktop Windows 10

Had the same issue. I was connecting from Windows 10 Home laptop to another laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I recently upgraded the Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Professional. I was able to remote desktop prior to the upgrade using my credentials without
    any issues. Once I upgraded, to Win 10 Pro, it said my credentials were invalid. It worked fine after this suggestion! Thanks.

dortegajr, Dec 16, 2018
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, Remote Desktop is not working

Hi,

I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro, using the tool in the Microsoft website. However, after the upgrade I am unable to use the Remote Desktop app in Windows 10. Everytime, I try to Remote Desktop
    to a server 2003 in the same network, it throws the "Enter your Credentials" dialog box, however, there is no place to enter the credentials or hit the OK button to continue. The server is on the same network and is accessible to other OS in the network and
    the problem just lies with Windows 10 since one of my colleagues also tried with the same result. Please advise.

I have tried the following:

• Allowed the Remote Desktop app in the Firewall to Public, Private and Domain.
    • Edited the Group Policy by using
    gpedit.msc ->Administrative Templates -> System -> Credentials Delegation -> Allow delegating saved credentials with NTLM-only server authentication -> Enabled + Show -> TERMSRV\<computer name>

• Prior to this, I had also saved credentials in the Credential Manager for the particular server I am trying to connect.

MayukhGhosh, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - The credentials that were used to...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - The credentials that were used to... - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Home

2. Windows 10 Home remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home remote desktop: I run a small business and we are in the process of changing our main program to a remote desktop network. I have purchased each of my employees a laptop to work from home and they all have Windows 10 Home. None of them will connect to the remote desktop and after researching...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop credentials not working

Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop credentials not working: Hello, I have two PCs on my home network. Let's call them WORK and PERSONAL. I use WORK for, well, work, but I only have limited physical space and one set of keyboard, mouse, and monitors, so I'm constantly unplugging my devices from WORK and then plugging them into...
  4. Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home: Could you please activate remote desktop connection for those who bought Windows 10 Home edition? this a big disadvantage during pandemia not to have a possibility to work from home...
  5. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home: Hi there, I'm trying to connect remotely to my work PC, but I'm unable to do so. All the articles and guides I found, talk about configuring the remote desktop, which was successfully done by my organisation's IT team, who were able also to connect to it remotely. Only I...
  6. Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home: My PC will not allow me to use Remote Desktop because I have windows 10 home. Due to COVID-19 I will be required to work from home remotely. How can I use Remote Desktop or is there an app that would allow me to remote log into my work pc? I'm very frustrated that home...
  7. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro: Up on entering password to access my office PC with Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro , my laptop screen goes black with a message " An error occurred while the connection was being stablished"...
  8. Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home: Is there a reliable remote desktop software from Microsoft for W10 home? I simply need something that will allow me to help out a elderly family member. Both of us are running W10 home....
  9. Remote Desktop Connect: The credentials that were used to connect to IP did not work.

Remote Desktop Connect: The credentials that were used to connect to IP did not work.: Hi, I am trying to use Remote Desktop Connect of Remote Desktop App to connect remotely to another computer. I find the other computer using its IP and am prompted for my credentials. When I enter my microsoft credentials, it tells me "The credentials that were used to...
  10. Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?

Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?: Is Remote Desktop only available on Windows 10 PRO? I have Win10 Home and the option to "Allow remote connections to this computer" is not present. 13066