Windows 10: Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Could you please activate remote desktop connection for those who bought Windows 10 Home edition? this a big disadvantage during pandemia not to have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by МаринаБурова, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home

Could you please activate remote desktop connection for those who bought Windows 10 Home edition? this a big disadvantage during pandemia not to have a possibility to work from home

:)

МаринаБурова, Apr 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home

1. Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Home

2. Windows 10 Home remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home remote desktop: I run a small business and we are in the process of changing our main program to a remote desktop network. I have purchased each of my employees a laptop to work from home and they all have Windows 10 Home. None of them will connect to the remote desktop and after researching...
  3. Remote Desktop connection on windows home??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop connection on windows home??: Hey guys I wanted to know if I could connect to vps from my windows 10 home edition I heard that we can’t use Remote Desktop connection on home edition but when I search Remote Desktop connection on my home edition search bar it pops up Is it only that on home edition, I...
  4. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home: Hi there, I'm trying to connect remotely to my work PC, but I'm unable to do so. All the articles and guides I found, talk about configuring the remote desktop, which was successfully done by my organisation's IT team, who were able also to connect to it remotely. Only I...
  5. Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home: My PC will not allow me to use Remote Desktop because I have windows 10 home. Due to COVID-19 I will be required to work from home remotely. How can I use Remote Desktop or is there an app that would allow me to remote log into my work pc? I'm very frustrated that home...
  6. Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home: Is there a reliable remote desktop software from Microsoft for W10 home? I simply need something that will allow me to help out a elderly family member. Both of us are running W10 home....
  7. Remote Desktop printer mapping with Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop printer mapping with Windows 10 Home: I set up Remote Desktop on a brand new Windows 10 Home computer to attach to a Remote Desktop server at work. The session attaches to the server with no problem, but no local printers are showing up at all. And yes, the "Printers" check box is checked for using local...
  8. Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home

Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home: Last week I set up, and used, the Remote Desktop utility for Windows 10 Home, but I have been trying to access in now and coming up with this message [img] I have restarted my system, I have reinstalled the RDPWrap file, checked the Firewall settings...nothing works....
  9. windows Remote desktop cannot connect to windows 10 home

windows Remote desktop cannot connect to windows 10 home: Hi guys , as the title says I am not able to connect remotely to windows 10 home edition even disabling the target pc firewall. I have no issues in connecting to other pcs.i am connecting on a local area network using windows in built remote desktop thanks 88402
  10. Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?

Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?: Is Remote Desktop only available on Windows 10 PRO? I have Win10 Home and the option to "Allow remote connections to this computer" is not present. 13066

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home remote desktop connection 2020

2. windows remote desktop home edition

3. remote desktop not supported windows 10 home how to fix