Windows 10: Remote Desktop Windows 10 to Windows 7 computer

Discus and support Remote Desktop Windows 10 to Windows 7 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am attempting to connect to a Windows 7 system from a Windows 10 system. The computers are connected to the internet via Mobile Hotspot from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RamiroMoran, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Remote Desktop Windows 10 to Windows 7 computer

I am attempting to connect to a Windows 7 system from a Windows 10 system. The computers are connected to the internet via Mobile Hotspot from my Android cellphone. The connection is initiated and the Windows 7 screen switchs to a log on screen. The Windows 10 screen displays a small spinning icon next to the word "Welcome". The icon then stops spinning and the following message is displayed "This computer can't connect to the remote computer. The two computers couldn't connect in the amount of time allotted. Try connecting again, if the problem continues, contact your network administrator or technical support." Any ideas to help me?

:)

RamiroMoran, Jul 8, 2020

2. Windows 7 Remote Desktop

I was wondering if it's possible to change Windows Remote Desktop port number? I believe it uses port 3389. A friend of mine wants to connect to his work computer from home, but it's not possible because port 3389 hasn't been forwarded. And he does not have access to do so. Teamviewer works perfectly fine, but he prefers Remote Desktop

GoFigureItOut, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Remote Desktop Windows 10 to Windows 7 computer

Remote desktop in window 10 cannot access computer having windows 8

No, it's the other way round all editions include the Remote Desktop Client and can connect to any PC with the Remote Desktop Server enabled. Only Pro and above allow you to connect to them.

Enable or Disable Remote Desktop Connections to Windows 10 PC

https://docs.microsoft.com/windows-s...#supported-pcs

maideen5's region is Malaysia, English may not be their first language. As I understand it the OP's problem can be stated as:

• The Windows 10 PC can connect to the remote desktop of a PC running Windows Server 2012, but cannot connect to a Windows 8.1 PC.
    • A Windows 7 PC can connect to both, so the Windows 8.1 PC is known to allow incoming connections.

I don't have an 8.1 Pro machine, so I can't test this for myself. @Kari wrote the tutorial on this, perhaps he has a suggestion.

Edit: see post #10

Bree, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Remote Desktop Windows 10 to Windows 7 computer

1. Remote Desktop Windows 10 to Windows 7 computer - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop computer

2. Remote Desktop Connection Stops Audio on Remote Computer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection Stops Audio on Remote Computer Windows 10: Hello everyone,I am using Windows 10 22H2 as my primary computer and connecting to a remote computer on my home network that is also using Windows 10 22H2My goal for the remote computer is act as an audio player. It is hooked up to my speakers in another room and plays audio...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection Stops Audio on Remote Computer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection Stops Audio on Remote Computer Windows 10: Hello everyone,I am using Windows 10 22H2 as my primary computer and connecting to a remote computer on my home network that is also using Windows 10 22H2My goal for the remote computer is act as an audio player. It is hooked up to my speakers in another room and plays audio...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection Stops Audio on Remote Computer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10: Remote Desktop is a software in Windows that allows you to connect to a computer that is not close by. When you try to connect to a remote computer by using Remote Desktop, you may receive the following error message: Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer. The...
  6. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Is it possible to use Remote Desktop on a Windows 10 Pro machine in order to connect to a Windows 10 Home machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-remote-desktop/9178b31c-5268-4e85-baa0-decb47605b13
  7. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Does anyone know how to make it possible to remote to my desktop from anywhere? submitted by /u/Vincent_29392 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0765h/windows_10_remote_desktop/
  8. Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7

Remote Desktop not working anymore on Windows 10 & Windows 7: Hi, since a few days, we have issues while trying to connect from Windows 7 & 10 clients to a Windows Server 2012R2 RD Farm. RD farm is composed of two RD session hosts + 1 RD Gateway. Windows 10 clients are build 1809. The clients and the servers are in different...
  9. Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.

Windows 10 remote desktop cannot remotely login to a Windows 7.: I cannot remotely login from a Windows 10 machine (computer1) to Windows 7 machine (computer2) get the error "Remote Desktop cannot find the computer "computer2". This might mean the "computer2" does not belong to the specified network. Verify the computer name and domain...
  10. Windows 10 Remote Desktop to Windows 7 - NLA error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop to Windows 7 - NLA error: Has anyone gotten an authentication error when trying to remote from a Windows 10 Pro tablet to a Windows 7 pro desktop. Both have remote access turned on. I checked to see if the RDP was allowed through the firewall and it is. Ran security updates on both machines. Any...