Windows 10: Remote Desktop with Microsoft Passwordless Account

Discus and support Remote Desktop with Microsoft Passwordless Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I got a question about MS Passwordless account. I've had it for couple of months and now that I need to use RD, it makes it impossible. I've had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kaloyan Doychinov, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Remote Desktop with Microsoft Passwordless Account

Hello, I got a question about MS Passwordless account. I've had it for couple of months and now that I need to use RD, it makes it impossible. I've had problems with MS Accounts and RD, but it was fine refreshing the local password with:runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** cmd.exeThe problem now is, well, my Microsoft account doesn't have a password. I've tried with my old ones - nothing, and with the temp one from MS Auth, but no results. Any ideas?Thanks,Kaloyan

:)

Kaloyan Doychinov, Oct 8, 2022

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 8, 2022
  3. Disable autologin with multiple passwordless accounts

Hi, I have a home PC with these accounts:

• 1 local admin account with password
    • 3 local standard accounts without password for family members
    What I want:

• a login screen at each startup, which lets you choose a family member account
    What actually happens:

• windows lets you choose for the first time, but then after turning off from a passwordless account and then turning back on, it autologins with that last used account (undesired in case other family member is at the computer)
    What I tried based on quick research:

1. change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\PasswordLess\Device “DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion” from “2” to “0”
    2. start netplwiz
    3. check that "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" is already checked
    4. change the registry back to default
    Best regards,

Muller

MiroslavMuller, Oct 8, 2022
  4. CmdrKeene Win User

Remote Desktop with Microsoft Passwordless Account

Remote desktop not working with microsoft account

Hey glad you asked, this question is somewhat rare but does come up occasionally and I decided to write about the solution here: Remote Desktop with Microsoft Account Sign-In

In a nutshell, you can fix it by doing this on the remote system you want to connect to.

1. Right-click Start button, choose Run
    2. Type in the command below, but use your Microsoft Account email address instead of the example:

runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\username@example.com winver

3. Provide your Microsoft Account password when prompted. After you press Enter, the "WinVer" program will launch, informing you about what version of Windows you have (you can close it, you're done at this point).
    Now you should be able to connect to this system without an issue (assuming, of course, the system is a "Windows 10 Pro" version).

The blog post I linked to has some more background, but this is really all there is to the trick of getting the credentials fixed.

CmdrKeene, Oct 8, 2022
Thema:

Remote Desktop with Microsoft Passwordless Account

1. Remote Desktop with Microsoft Passwordless Account - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Microsoft

2. When will the remote desktop client support passwordless Microsoft accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will the remote desktop client support passwordless Microsoft accounts?: This page confirms it does not work yet:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-go-passwordless-with-your-microsoft-account-674ce301-3574-4387-a93d-916751764c43If the one time password from the authenticator app worked, that would be fine. Not essential to...
  3. When will the remote desktop client support passwordless Microsoft accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will the remote desktop client support passwordless Microsoft accounts?: This page confirms it does not work yet:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-go-passwordless-with-your-microsoft-account-674ce301-3574-4387-a93d-916751764c43If the one time password from the authenticator app worked, that would be fine. Not essential to...
  4. Passwordless Account with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless Account with Remote Desktop: Hello,So, I have a passwordless account setup, and I am a big fan of it, but it seems to not be working with remote desktop. I even tried using an app password, but it does not work as well.Thanks in advance!...
  5. Passwordless Account with Remote Desktop

Passwordless Account with Remote Desktop: Hello,So, I have a passwordless account setup, and I am a big fan of it, but it seems to not be working with remote desktop. I even tried using an app password, but it does not work as well.Thanks in advance!...
  6. Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless: I can't make the Remote Desktop works with my Microsoft account. It seems it does not work with Accounts that have passwordless option ON. Could you please confirm this information?...
  7. Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless

Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless: I can't make the Remote Desktop works with my Microsoft account. It seems it does not work with Accounts that have passwordless option ON. Could you please confirm this information?...
  8. Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Remote Desktop with Microsoft Passwordless Account

Remote Desktop with Microsoft Passwordless Account: Hello, I got a question about MS Passwordless account. I've had it for couple of months and now that I need to use RD, it makes it impossible. I've had problems with MS Accounts and RD, but it was fine refreshing the local password with:runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email...
  10. Passwordless Account!!!

Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...