Windows 10: remote desktop

Discus and support remote desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My remote desktop app no longer allows me to connect to my vpn, what can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mr. Manifestor, Oct 4, 2018.

1. remote desktop

My remote desktop app no longer allows me to connect to my vpn, what can I do?

:)

Mr. Manifestor, Oct 4, 2018

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

remote desktop

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

remote desktop

1. remote desktop - Similar Threads - remote desktop

2. Network issue in Remote desktop Connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network issue in Remote desktop Connection: Hello guys, I have a problem with RD. When i am connected from my home pc(windows 10,1903) to my work pc(windows 10 1903) i am working fine but 3-4 times per day my connection drops and when i try to reconnect to my machine, it logged me off and i am losing all the unsaved...
  3. Remote desktop problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop problem: Hello guys, I have a problem with RD. When i am connected from my home pc(windows 10,1903) to my work pc(windows 10 1903) i am working fine but 3-4 times per day my connection drops and when i try to reconnect to my machine, it logged me off and i am losing all the unsaved...
  4. Change keyboard language everytime logging in to Microsoft Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change keyboard language everytime logging in to Microsoft Remote Desktop Client: Regarding the Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft store. In order to be able to get my keyboard working correctly on the server I'm connecting to via the Microsoft Remote Desktop app I must set the language setting on the Client (running Microsoft Remote Dektop)...
  5. Why must I set the language settings on the client running the Microsoft Remote Desktop app...

Why must I set the language settings on the client running the Microsoft Remote Desktop app...: Regarding the Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft store. In order to be able to get my keyboard working correctly on the server I'm connecting to via the Microsoft Remote Desktop app I must set the language setting on the Client (running Microsoft Remote Dektop)...
  6. Remote Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Not Working: So this all happened since yesterday. before that everything was working normal and no issue were reported. My PC is not connecting my VPS1 & VPS2 , where i had installed Windows Server (12 and 19) for running apps. I also have a VPS3 with Windows Server 12 installed on...
  7. Different Scaling while using Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Scaling while using Remote Desktop Connection: I am visually impaired, and because of this I use different scaling options then most other people. I have my screen resolution set to recommended at 2560 x 1440 with my scaling set to 150% I have messed with these settings for a while and have found that this works best for...
  8. No remote desktop after reinstallation Windows

No remote desktop after reinstallation Windows: I have two PCs. The default Administrator account on A was able to connect to the default Administrator account on B via Remote Desktop. Later, the default Administrator account was turned into a Microsoft account and it was still able to connect from A to the Administrator...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection error

Remote Desktop Connection error: Hi, Today I tried to connect my Android phone to my Windows 10 PC via Remote Desktop Connection and I've constantly encountered this error: "Because of a protocol error detected at the client (code 0x1104), this session will be disconnected. Please try connecting to the...
  10. Using Remote Desktop Client in secure folder

Using Remote Desktop Client in secure folder: Remote Desktop Client is working on my Galaxy Note 10+ 5G. However, whenever i try to use it within my secure folder it says either my password or ID is incorrect. Any fixes for this?...