Windows 10: Remote Desktop

Discus and support Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem with Remote Desktop in my network. sometimes I forgot enable remote desktop on windows 10 new installation and I can not access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KamranSafakhah, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Remote Desktop

Hi

I have a problem with Remote Desktop in my network.

sometimes I forgot enable remote desktop on windows 10 new installation and I can not access the system locally.

I need to enable Remote Desktop without login locally

:)

KamranSafakhah, Jan 7, 2019

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Remote Desktop

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Remote Desktop

1. Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop

2. Windows Pro License for Local machine, if already installed on Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Pro License for Local machine, if already installed on Remote Desktop: Hi, Sorry if this has been answered somewhere before, but I can't find the information I need. My company uses Citrix Remote Desktop for all employee's, for each user we own a Pro License for Windows and have a business 365 account for Microsoft Office, for use in...
  3. windows 10 Version 10.0.18362.418 the multilip user connection for remote desktop not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 Version 10.0.18362.418 the multilip user connection for remote desktop not working: Hi, I want to enable rdp for multilip users connection but not work after windows update in gpedit.msc and with rdowrap any idea why is not working I have windows 10 pro....
  4. Remote desktop (msg)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop (msg): Dear all, I am new to remote desktop service. I am trying to log into another PC in our company to fix an issue, but there is a message asking me if i want to keep the user or log him out. I am wondering what will happen to the user session if I pressed yes. [ATTACH]...
  5. Remote Desktop Password Incorrect Windows 10

Remote Desktop Password Incorrect Windows 10: Hi all, I have a problem with 2 PC’s both running Win 10 Pro x64. Let’s call them Tower & Laptop. The issue is with remote desktop connections, & shared folder access. I have a peer to peer network which has been running fine for several years. Due to the imminent end...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection: I have a problem reconnecting to a remote desktop to my PC. When my account is signed out, I can connect. But, if it is not logged out and just disconnected, it will not allow me to reconnect. Only one PC that I need to connect is having this issue. No other PC sees this...
  7. Remote Desktop won't allow me to copy from server to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop won't allow me to copy from server to laptop: We just bought a new laptop with Windows 10, I use remote desktop to connect to our Windows Server 2012 R2. I use to be able to connect and then copy a file from the server to my laptop running Windows 7. Now when I try to, all that happens is the computer beeps at me and...
  8. Failing to set up remote desktop connection.

Failing to set up remote desktop connection.: Greetings, I've been going crazy trying to set up a remote connection. Here are the deets. I want to use Win10 pro, ver. 1809 to connect to my Win7 pro PC. I enabled RDC on the Win7 PC On the Win10 PC, I'm asked for a computer name. I enter the name of the PC(win7). Then I...
  9. Windows 10 1903 dwm.exe high cpu usage after remote desktop session disconnected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 dwm.exe high cpu usage after remote desktop session disconnected: When the remote desktop session ended, the Windows 10 CPU usage will jump to 25%-30%. The problem is caused by dwm.exe. If VMware server hosts many Windows 10 guests, it will cause VMware server runs in very high CPU level. In order to solve the problem, the schedule task...
  10. Receiving Error 0x204 attempting to connect to a Windows VM using Remote Desktop for Mac...

Receiving Error 0x204 attempting to connect to a Windows VM using Remote Desktop for Mac...: Hello all. Recently I have not been able to use Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.3 to access some Windows 10 VM's that I previously was able to access with no issue. I am getting the below error. We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and...