Windows 10: Remote desktop

Discus and support Remote desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I'm trying to do remote desktop does both computer in to be Windows 10 Pro? If only one computer need to be Windows 10 Pro, what computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianBonanno, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Remote desktop

If I'm trying to do remote desktop does both computer in to be Windows 10 Pro? If only one computer need to be Windows 10 Pro, what computer?

:)

BrianBonanno, Apr 21, 2021

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Remote desktop

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Remote desktop

1. Remote desktop - Similar Threads - Remote desktop

2. Antivirus program detected a virus in Microsoft Remote Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus program detected a virus in Microsoft Remote Desktop: Hello,In my last virus scan my antivirus program presumably detected a high risk item and deleted it. The item name goes like this; "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.RemoteDesktop_10.2.1810..........and it goes on"AV program identifies it as "Heur.Generic." Was that a...
  3. Remote Desktop not work by Hostname

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop not work by Hostname: Hi everyone!The scenario is as follows.I have two PC's, one of them is a VPN server configured from Windows, the other is the client.When the client is connected to the VPN server, I cannot remotely connect to the client via the hostname, but I can connect via the IP.Does...
  4. for the next 2 months i need to use remote desktop, does it make sense to use unactivated...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    for the next 2 months i need to use remote desktop, does it make sense to use unactivated...: due to corona i will need to work from home, and my work pc is using windows 10 home. if i swtich to windows 10 pro but dont activate will i be able to use remote desktop for 2 months and then get revert back to my windows 10 home? I would prefer that over other remote...
  5. Remote desktop does not open some programs.

Remote desktop does not open some programs.: when I'm using remote desktop on my android cell phone and i try to run some programs they don't work, how i can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-does-not-open-some-programs/64900cf4-c0bf-4c39-87b8-3782377321c7
  6. Remote Desktop - The logon attempt failed

Remote Desktop - The logon attempt failed: I have a machine running W10 Pro. I am logged into the laptop with a Microsoft account this one. I have a second machine running W10 Ent. I m logged on there with a corporate AzureAD account. I want to Remote Desktop from W10E to W10P. I know the IP of W10P, if I ping using...
  7. Azure AD Remote Desktop Not Working

Azure AD Remote Desktop Not Working: I am unable to use Remote Desktop to connect to Azure AD joined PC.Connect to remote Azure Active Directory-joined PC Windows 10 - Windows Client Management Microsoft DocsI have fresh installed 2 x windows PC and checked and followed the above instructions.I am unable to...
  8. Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop: Hi,When connected via Remote DesktopRDP to Windows 10.0 19041, screen recording starts, but the screen is recorded black. Everything is fine on Windows 8.1. Help me please!...
  9. Remote desktop error number 0x83886083 meaning?

Remote desktop error number 0x83886083 meaning?: What does this error number mean when connecting via a gateway to an RDP session with Remote Desktop app?The session is unsuccessful.The Error code: 0x83886083Extended error code: 0x0...
  10. Remote Desktop not accepting Office 365 Business Credentials to log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop not accepting Office 365 Business Credentials to log in: Hi there, I have a client that has office 365 business running on his 5 computers onsite. He is trying to vpn and remote desktop into his computer. I have setup up the vpn so that part is taken care of, but the remote desktop is saying the office 365 business credentials are...