Windows 10: Remote Desktops Snap-in

Discus and support Remote Desktops Snap-in in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am a network admin who just upgraded his workstation from Windows 7 to 10. I had a Remote Desktops MMC which had all my servers on it in one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mlynch1958, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Remote Desktops Snap-in

Hi,
    I am a network admin who just upgraded his workstation from Windows 7 to 10. I had a Remote Desktops MMC which had all my servers on it in one place which was one of my main tools. Since I upgraded to Windows 10, when I launch that tool, The MMC says "MMC could not create the snap-in". When I go to add the snap in, there isn't one there. Can someone help me fix/find/repair/replace this utterly invaluable tool? Gotta love MS and their "improvements" that break stuff.
    Thanks

:)

mlynch1958, Jan 15, 2021

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Remote Desktops Snap-in

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Remote Desktops Snap-in

1. Remote Desktops Snap-in - Similar Threads - Remote Desktops Snap

2. Server 2016 mmc remote desktops snap-in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Server 2016 mmc remote desktops snap-in: Looks like this got phased out and I no longer see if as part of the snap in list. Is there a way to get it reinstalled, or another method to have the RDP connection? If not, what's the best alternative besides creating multiple mstsc accounts. submitted by /u/newbie702...
  3. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on both computers but when I try to connect using Remote Desktop it tells me 'The remote computer is not available on the network' How do I resolve?...
  4. Remote desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop: My PC freezes when I am trying to copy and paste on the remote desktop using VPM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/9ad87e89-f004-4c05-9a9b-c7a9d94cf54b
  5. remote desktop

remote desktop: Cannot connect to remote desktop pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/63931850-567c-4fe0-a50e-206f9c9ec231
  6. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop: What version of Windows 10 do I need to get a license for to be able to connect to work remotely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/34cd5035-ac89-414f-ac58-2b14550cb7ed"
  7. remote desktop

remote desktop: windows 10 no longer connects to remote xp computer on same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/f46d2e85-7938-4abc-a751-04b842c31159
  8. desktop icons snap to grid

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons snap to grid: How do I change the setting that causes the desktop icons to snap to grid, so I can place them randomly? I have Windows 10 Home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-snap-to-grid/272125f9-7cd0-41eb-97ba-c20677f665ac
  9. Windows 10 Auto Snap - Window occasionally snaps to a phantom desktop / desktop that...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Auto Snap - Window occasionally snaps to a phantom desktop / desktop that...: So I only just found the fix for this without closing and reopening the program, (I'll post it below), but now I'm curious, confused, and angry as to why it happens. So I'm on my laptop and I have a second screen plugged in via HDMI. I mostly see the problem with ZOOM, but...
  10. Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop: I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 with a 4K UHD display. I frequently use remote desktop with my laptop to connect to a Windows 10 desktop system in my home. I've been doing this for years without a problem until I upgraded my laptop to a 4K UHD display....