Windows 10: Remote execution of specific batch file on network.

Discus and support Remote execution of specific batch file on network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to setup a function on my home server in which ISOs can be created and burned over the network using the server pc's optical drives. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by allnamesweretaken:, May 27, 2021.

1. Remote execution of specific batch file on network.

Hi, I am trying to setup a function on my home server in which ISOs can be created and burned over the network using the server pc's optical drives. I am using oscdimg and imgburn command prompt utilities for this. I have created a script that runs on the local PC, and based on user input, will send a .bat containing an oscdimg command to the remote PC in a specified folder. What I need now is a way so that the batch script sent to the remote computer can be automatically executed when it arrives. Would there be a way to triggers something like this in task scheduler? I have seen some people

:)

allnamesweretaken:, May 27, 2021
  2. Steevo Win User

Batch file to ping network

No, batch files are extremely easy.

A "If" requires three extra steps.

Code is not how much you can put in, but how lite can you make it and still perform the functions.

So

@ echo off

ping 1.4.1.4 >a.txt

findstr /m "Request timed out" a.txt
    if %errorlevel%%==0 (
    echo Save our nets!!!
    )

pause

Steevo, May 27, 2021
  3. Batch file

thank you for your reply. how to merge the codes so that the batch file does this

the batch file displays the options below

1. open the *.spl file in notepad
    2. delete the *.shd and *.spl files
    3.exit

commands execute as options are selected

Sandeep Bhugoo, May 27, 2021
  4. F.Wu Win User

Remote execution of specific batch file on network.

Unable to execute all commands in batch file

Hi,

I have a problem to execute batch file. There is an app running and monitoring UPS signal. If that signal goes true, the app will launch a batch file to close itself and then shutdown the PC after 30 seconds.

the content of the batch file is like this:

@Echo off

app.exe -exit

pause 30

shutdown.exe /s /t 5

However, it seems the system only executed the first two lines of commands
    app.exe, it closed the app, and did not shutdown the PC. If I run the batch file itself by double clicking the batch file, all commands are executed and PC shutdown properly.

What is the problem and how to fix it? Thanks

Thema:

Remote execution of specific batch file on network.

1. Remote execution of specific batch file on network. - Similar Threads - Remote execution specific

2. Batch file does not wait for executed program to finish.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch file does not wait for executed program to finish.: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎8/‎3/‎2020 OS build 19044.1466 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 I have a batch file that I want to start a browser, wait for it to close, then proceed to the next instruction in the batch. The batch...
  3. Batch file does not wait for executed program to finish.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch file does not wait for executed program to finish.: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎8/‎3/‎2020 OS build 19044.1466 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 I have a batch file that I want to start a browser, wait for it to close, then proceed to the next instruction in the batch. The batch...
  4. Batch file does not wait for executed program to finish.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Batch script - Move specific file ext

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch script - Move specific file ext: Good Day, I'm running Windows 10 and searched a few threads but didn't fine one specific to my needs so hoping someone could help me out. What I would like is a batch script to search a folder and all it's subfolders for a specific file ext of my choosing, for example...
  6. Restart a specific program with a batch file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart a specific program with a batch file: I have to restart Windows Audio Device graph multiple times a day to the point that I just want to map a button on my stream deck to end the task. Is there a way to create a shortcut to end the task? I've tried taskkill /f /im audiodg.exe but that was unsuccessful. Any ideas?...
  7. How to create a batch file for network printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to create a batch file for network printer: How to create batch file for several network printers? I used the below info, but when I entered several printers only the first one worked. %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe \\ServerName\PrinterName...
  8. Is there a program that executes commands at certain times (in a batch file)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a program that executes commands at certain times (in a batch file)?: Hello, everyone, I have programmed a Minecraft server and have now set the computer to go on and off to certain pages. When it is on, the start file Per Autostart opens. But to close it I need the command /stop so the server saves. But because I want everything to be...
  9. Shutting Down Win 10 Remotely batch file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutting Down Win 10 Remotely batch file?: Hello all, I've part resolved this but not fully. I run Kodi on a Win 10 Pro machine and that connects to another Win 10 Pro to access movies etc. I've created a batch script when run on the Kodi box to shutdown the movies box. It seems to work but not if the movie box...
  10. Batch File to install a network printer with a specific Post Script driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Batch File to install a network printer with a specific Post Script driver?: I've seen people use the following in a batch file to install a printer: \\PrinterServerName\PrinterShareName My question is... can this be done where i also supply a specific Post Script Driver?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. batch file that sends itself over network