Windows 10: Remote lock session

Discus and support Remote lock session in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I would like to be able to remote suspend time allotted for my child's account from time to time -- you know, to get them to come eat, etc.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lucidgreen, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Remote lock session

I would like to be able to remote suspend time allotted for my child's account from time to time -- you know, to get them to come eat, etc.

:)

lucidgreen, Mar 3, 2019

2. Remote Desktop - Screen resolution in remote session

I have connected to a remote desktop session and the windows in the remote session are all too small for me to see.

I have edited the remote desktop connection settings and cannot seem to make anything larger.

I am using a new Dell Inspiron Laptop which has a very high screen resolution 3840 x 2160

Any suggestions appreciated

Thank you

GreenlaneAC, Mar 3, 2019
  3. remote session

recover my original account prior to a remote session with microsoft

ShadowBACA, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Shimakaze Win User

Remote lock session

Wifi disconnects immediately after login from remote desktop session in Windows 10

I have a Thinkpad T430s running a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (Build 10.0.14393), and it has an issue with inbound remote desktop sessions that causes the wifi connection to be dropped as soon as the remote desktop logs in, resulting in the termination of the remote session.

Observations:

• Sometimes I can see the lock screen rendered on the remote desktop for a split second before it freezes, presumably due to wifi connection loss.
    • If I'm logged in locally at the laptop, and then try to login with the same user remotely, the local login will be booted out to the lock screen. This behaviour is as I would expect.
    • When the remote desktop session freezes after login, I can see on the lock screen locally that there is no wifi connection (as shown by the wifi icon). Reconnection does not occur automatically here on the lock screen.
    • Wifi connection is automatically re-established after I log in locally.
    • If I remove the wifi hotspot from config (either through "netsh wlan delete profile name=" or through "Forget" in the UI), add the hotspot back and connect, log in remotely without first logging out locally, then the remote session will connect successfully.
    • If I reboot the laptop after doing the step described above, then the problem returns.

What I've tried:

• Updated to latest WLAN driver.
    • Installed all Windows updates.
    • Disabled the option to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for the WLAN device.

The user I'm trying to log in as is a local, non-domain user. Wifi hotspot is secured with WPA2-Enterprise and EAP-MSCHAPv2.

Shimakaze, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Remote lock session

1. Remote lock session - Similar Threads - Remote lock session

2. Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper: Hi, Since the latest feature release update in July 2019, I get unexpected behaviour when running Remote Desktop to connect from one Windows 10 Pro PC to another on my local network. The desktop wall paper on the remote machine can be replaced by the wallpaper image on the...
  3. Remote lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remote lock: Locked laptop remotely with my account. Got it back and cannot get into it. Pin for laptop doesnt work. No pin in Microsoft email. Cant unlock remotely (why the hell not?) This has been nothing but more stress....
  4. Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session: Hi All, I've just recently started using Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop When I remote to another device, say a PC. This causes the PC to automatically go to the lock screen. This seems to be default. I can still remotely access the PC, everything is fine except the person...
  5. Close remote desktop session and launch an executable

Close remote desktop session and launch an executable: Having a Windows 10 Enteriprise 2016 LTSB installed on an industrial PC for a totem with a touch screen. This PC run a client application, for simple operations I need sometimes to access the PC with Remote Desktop from a remote location. Finished my activity if I simply...
  6. Close remote desktop session and launch an executable

in Windows 10 Support
    Close remote desktop session and launch an executable: Having a Windows 10 Enteriprise 2016 LTSB installed on an industrial PC for a totem with a touch screen. This PC run a client application, for simple operations I need sometimes to access the PC with Remote Desktop from a remote location. Finished my activity if I simply...
  7. Remote session was disconnected because there are no remote deskcop license servers...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote session was disconnected because there are no remote deskcop license servers...: I'm trying to connect to a host server and am getting this message. Is the problem on my end or the host's end? How would I go about checking to see if the problem is on my side? The tech support on the host's side won't be available until Monday morning, and I need to...
  8. Disable login screen after remote desktop session

Disable login screen after remote desktop session: Hello! I want to know if it possible to disable the annoying login screen in the computer after remote desktop session. I have netplwiz with automatically logins after boot and I know the trick tscon.exe 0 /dest:console and it works, but I use remote desktop to connect...
  9. Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session

Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session: Normally if I RDP to an active remote desktop with only my single user account with admin rights, remote desktop signs out, and I connect via rdp no problem. However recently, it does not sign out out remote user, and the (RDP lient jumps to a OTHER USER login screen....
  10. Windows 10 remote desktop session

Windows 10 remote desktop session: I'm trying to connect to my work computer using remote desktop. I have physical access to both. I am getting the following error: your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress. I...