Windows 10: Remote lock

Discus and support Remote lock in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Locked laptop remotely with my account. Got it back and cannot get into it. Pin for laptop doesnt work. No pin in Microsoft email. Cant unlock remotely... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kabbotstewart, May 7, 2019.

1. Remote lock

Locked laptop remotely with my account. Got it back and cannot get into it. Pin for laptop doesnt work. No pin in Microsoft email. Cant unlock remotely (why the hell not?) This has been nothing but more stress.

:)

kabbotstewart, May 7, 2019

2. Remote phone locking - Lock your phone via text if you lose it!

This is a damn cool feature, basically once you set it up, if you lose your phone you can lock it via text message!I feel much safer now, as I have insurance but you cannot insure your privacy! :smileyhappy:

For reference the default lock code on an unbranded phone is 12345, I suggest you change this. Be warned though, the default lock code could vary if your phone is branded so check with your carrier first!

• Go to Menu > Settings > Phone >
      Phone mgmt. > Security settings > Phone and SIM card >
      Remote phone locking.
    • Select Enable and enter a “remote locking message”. This can be anything you choose, but must be at least five characters in length.
    • Enter a PIN code, you will need this to unlock the phone.
    • Test it by using another phone and texting your phone the “remote locking message”.

recall---01, May 7, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, May 7, 2019
  4. Remote lock

E63 - Memory Corrupted - Due to Device Lock / Remote Lock

follow up to my previous post:

yesterday i encountered my first experience with memory corrupted problem.

as flae63's suggestion, i disabled the lock device and remote lock functionality, change the password to the original of 123456, remove the memory card, then restore it.

today i got the same problem: memory corrupted.

the lock device and remote lock have been disabled. so there must be something else causing this problem.

any response from nokia regarding this problem?

doremifasol---01, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Remote lock

1. Remote lock - Similar Threads - Remote lock

2. What happens If I remotely lock a stolen Windows machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens If I remotely lock a stolen Windows machine?: I previously planned to sell my ROG laptop to someone else and had already provided them with my laptop password and the email and password for my Microsoft account. However, they ended up injuring me and stealing my laptop. I can still log into my Microsoft account, but I...
  3. What happens If I remotely lock a stolen Windows machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens If I remotely lock a stolen Windows machine?: I previously planned to sell my ROG laptop to someone else and had already provided them with my laptop password and the email and password for my Microsoft account. However, they ended up injuring me and stealing my laptop. I can still log into my Microsoft account, but I...
  4. Windows remote access locked the screen. Can the screen be set unlocked for other local users?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows remote access locked the screen. Can the screen be set unlocked for other local users?: Hello, A work computer has been set up for multiple local users and each has his own account. The Windows 10 has been set as "screen unlocked" or "no login required to unlock the screen" so anyone can see the status on the screen. However, recently someone wanted to have the...
  5. Windows remote access locked the screen. Can the screen be set unlocked for other local users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows remote access locked the screen. Can the screen be set unlocked for other local users?: Hello, A work computer has been set up for multiple local users and each has his own account. The Windows 10 has been set as "screen unlocked" or "no login required to unlock the screen" so anyone can see the status on the screen. However, recently someone wanted to have the...
  6. Windows remote access locked the screen. Can the screen be set unlocked for other local users?

7. Lock screen via Microsoft Remote Desktop shows no way to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen via Microsoft Remote Desktop shows no way to sign in: Hi there,On one of my Windows 11 Pro machines, I am having a strange problem:I successfully connect via Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS and the session is automatically signed in.When I'm away for a while, the machine switches to the lock screen but there are no buttons or...
  8. Lock screen via Microsoft Remote Desktop shows no way to sign in

Lock screen via Microsoft Remote Desktop shows no way to sign in: Hi there,On one of my Windows 11 Pro machines, I am having a strange problem:I successfully connect via Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS and the session is automatically signed in.When I'm away for a while, the machine switches to the lock screen but there are no buttons or...
  9. how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?: hello, i accidentally locked my device remotely and i want to get access but every time i want to access my device it shows that only the administrator will get access although i am the administrator....
  10. how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?

how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?: hello, i accidentally locked my device remotely and i want to get access but every time i want to access my device it shows that only the administrator will get access although i am the administrator....