Windows 10: Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen

Discus and support Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use Team Viewer to remotely login to my home desktop computer from my laptop. If for some reason the home desktop has rebooted, it will not complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by director, Jan 20, 2020.

1. director Win User

Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen

I use Team Viewer to remotely login to my home desktop computer from my laptop. If for some reason the home desktop has rebooted, it will not complete the reboot unless the password is used. When that happens I cannot gain access. I tried eliminating the password by going to "No option to disable required password waking from sleep". I understand that I should select Never. But no options are listed in the drop down menu. It is blank. Both home and remote computers use Windows 10.

:)

director, Jan 20, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Jizzler Win User
    remote desktop woe`s

Users that are part of the Remote Desktop Users group and have a password set would be able to log into the computer remotely.

Jizzler, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen

Remote Desktop Issue - Remote computer reboots !

Strange problem with Remote Desktop:

Server and Client are both Win-10 Pro Fully Updated (Version 1607 Build 14393.222)

At the client, I open the Network folder, I can "see" the remote PC

I can right-click the remote PC and select "Connect with Remote Desktop Connection"

I can authenticate and use Remote Desktop normally with no issue.

However, if I try to use a RDP file:

Double click the RDP file

Connects, I log in OK at the authentication screen.

After a couple of seconds the remote computer reboots !

I have checked the event log on the remote PC

Nothing to indicate a problem, just an entry for not shutdown cleanly

I have tried re-creating the RDP file

Using different client computer also same issue

No recent changes to any computer

Security software is Norton 360 Premier fully updated on all computers

The RDP file has worked correctly until recently ( about mid September )

So I suspect a recent Microsoft update is the culprit

Steve.Cook4680, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen

1. Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen - Similar Threads - Remote log remote

2. Blue Screen when remoting connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when remoting connection: Hi Gentleman,I met a blue screen issue mostly when remoting connection to the PC. whatever using VNC or remote desktop or other applications.OS is windows 7the details are as below:- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [ Guid]...
  3. Log in to a work computer remotely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in to a work computer remotely: Log in to a work computer remotely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-to-a-work-computer-remotely/a1739706-971d-4b40-81c7-b422f7aad76a
  4. Log in to a work computer remotely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in to a work computer remotely: Log in to a work computer remotely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-to-a-work-computer-remotely/a1739706-971d-4b40-81c7-b422f7aad76a
  5. Cannot Log Into Remote Desktop Since Password Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Log Into Remote Desktop Since Password Change: Hello,A few months ago I changed my Microsoft password, however since then I have been unable to connect to remote desktop. I have read over several forums and have attempted some fixes but to no avail....
  6. Screen Monitor when connection remote

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Monitor when connection remote: My screen size shrinks on my laptop when connecting remotely. I believe it has to do with the computer changing my workstation to a laptop view. How do I stop this from happening? How do I get my screen size back to normal?...
  7. Remote Desktop with host PC at Log in Screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop with host PC at Log in Screen: I have been using remote desktop on these computers for months. I have noticed that I can not remote into the host PC after a remote restart. Yesterday I went to the host computer site and restarted the PC and left it at the log in screen. I find that I can not remote into...
  8. Password change request when working remotely

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password change request when working remotely: I'm currently working remotely VPN connection and I'm unable to log in, as its saying my password has expired. I'm unable to travel to access my office PC and change it - how do I change my password locally, so I can gain access remotely to my office PC?...
  9. Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen

Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen: I use Team Viewer to remotely login to my home desktop computer from my laptop. If for some reason the home desktop has rebooted, it will not complete the reboot unless the password is used. When that happens I cannot gain access. I tried eliminating the password by going to...
  10. Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot

Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot: I downloaded Remote Desktop app from Windows store and it works fine. The problem is that when connecting to my laptop from my other computer the laptop immediately logs out. If I use chrome remote desktop I can see the mouse moving and everything but not from Microsoft. Is...