Windows 10: Remote Login - Password or Pin?

Discus and support Remote Login - Password or Pin? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't understand why I have a "PIN" for Windows 10. Anyway, I'm setting up Remote Login. It'll be less confusing if I knew WHAT THE PASSWORD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by das-eng, Jun 14, 2019.

1. das-eng Win User

Remote Login - Password or Pin?

I don't understand why I have a "PIN" for Windows 10. Anyway, I'm setting up Remote Login. It'll be less confusing if I knew WHAT THE PASSWORD is! Do I use the PIN or some other password? When I set up Win10 *somehow* I used my Microsoft Account to set up stuff. IS THAT NOW MY PASSWORD? I didn't want that. I expected to create a password when installing Win10.

Yeah, so, what is my password?

:)

das-eng, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Remote Login - Password or Pin?

Windows 10 asking for login password even after upgrading the virus protection on the PC instead of PIN password. How to switch back to PIN password?

Hello Billy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you see Sign-in options option on the lock screen?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to login into the user profile?

If you have set an alpha-numeric password at the installation stage of Windows 10 OS and then changed the sign-in option to PIN password, you will be able to choose between the passwords entries at the login screen of the Windows.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if you see the
    Sign-in options option on the lock screen. If you do, click on the option and check if you can choose and enter PIN password to access your user profile.

Method 2: If the option is not presented on the lock screen and you are using Microsoft account to login into the user profile,
    I suggest you to change the login password from the link below and set PIN password to your user account by following the steps below.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts from the options and click on
      Sign-in options
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add under PIN settings, verify your account and setup a new PIN password for your user account.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Remote Login - Password or Pin?

1. Remote Login - Password or Pin? - Similar Threads - Remote Login Password

2. Pin or Password Login To Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin or Password Login To Windows: I don't want to use a pin OR a password to login to Windows on my laptop. I'm 70+, retired, no longer go to work every day, and my laptop just never leaves the house. I'm serious when I say never. If I need the internet when I'm out and about I just use my phone. So, my...
  3. Pin or Password Login To Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin or Password Login To Windows: I don't want to use a pin OR a password to login to Windows on my laptop. I'm 70+, retired, no longer go to work every day, and my laptop just never leaves the house. I'm serious when I say never. If I need the internet when I'm out and about I just use my phone. So, my...
  4. Login with pin and password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login with pin and password: I have recently added the PIN code login option to my pc so a friend of mine could use it for a week, however now that the pc is mine again I would like to delete this option and go back to my trusty and far better password. The settings menu however says that login with PIN...
  5. Password & Pin login issues

Password & Pin login issues: Hi, My computer automatically updated today and it has switched from pin access to password. I have forgotten my password because ive used the pin for so long and now I am locked out! The sign in screen has no option to switch back to pin code and now I am completely...
  6. Not knowing the Login password or Pin.

Not knowing the Login password or Pin.: I have a friend who works with his father-in-law FIL as an Heat A/C Technician. His FIL has contracted the COVID-19 virus and is on a respirator. My friend is trying to help him with his business finances etc.... and cannot access his FTL's work computer due to that he is on...
  7. Disable password/pin on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable password/pin on login: Hello. Currently when I log in it asks me for either a password or a pin for my Microsoft account. Is there a way to disable the password when I log in? Do I need to switch from a Microsoft account login to a local account login? If I do switch will that change anything i.e.,...
  8. Pin or Password login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin or Password login: which is better password or pin and are they safe. Pin seems to be easier to guess or crack is it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-or-password-login/51f87a20-82ba-44f7-a3bc-2b45422e3efa"
  9. Want to login with password, not pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to login with password, not pin: Hello, I'm having an issue with a new laptop that I just bought for my wife. Trying to get it set up, and apparently I can only login using a pin. I have no option for a password, which I prefer. Further, instead of simply displaying a first name at login, it is showing the...
  10. login and pin password removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login and pin password removal: I am sending one of my computers in to Asus for an upgrade and a needed repair. How can remove all passwords and pin numbers so Asus can do the repairs? If I first do a complete recovery can I start over with a new password or will I have to use the older password ?...