Windows 10: Remote logout of OneDrive

Discus and support Remote logout of OneDrive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have had several PCs setup with my Microsoft account. Since then have transferred some of them. One of the new recipients came to tell me he had... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TerryP655, Jun 29, 2019.

1. TerryP655 Win User

Remote logout of OneDrive

I have had several PCs setup with my Microsoft account. Since then have transferred some of them.

One of the new recipients came to tell me he had many of my Onedrive files on the machine, that he didn't think he should be seeing, even though it was no longer syncing. He was getting login reminders, which is what triggered it, so the online system obviously knows what machines have the profile. There is at least one other machine that is affected, but may be more.

Few issues here:

1) Removing the devices from my online microsoft account didn't remove the files. It just removed my ability to see what devices might be affected.

2) changing my password and invoking two step authentication did not remove the old files, it just prompted a login

3) OneDrive is so locked down that after these actions, I couldn't delete the files in file explorer because of the password change
    4) Removing OneDrive as a program and app didn't help, all the same. I was able to add the app and it immediately logged into my account!

5) the Microsoft account was still linked on the machine, with password available to install all over again. (I did remove it).

And most importantly, how can I find any other devices that may have my Onedrive and/or Microsoft account on them? The machines are obviously calling home to Microsoft when online.

:)

TerryP655, Jun 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Pwrjng Win User
    Is there a way to remotely logout messenger from WP7?

Hi

Sometime, I dont wang my conversation happens on more than one device? So is there a way to remotely logout messenger on other devices from WP7?

Thank you

Rui

Pwrjng, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10, Cannot set Logout Timer

Hi Waltz,

For us to better assist you with your log out timer issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows are your running on your computer?
    To check, press Windows key + R > type winver
    > hit Enter.

• "Cannot set Logout Timer" - Do you want to set your computer to auto-shutdown or auto-lock?
    • What steps have your tried to set the logout timer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Remote logout of OneDrive - Similar Threads - Remote logout OneDrive

2. Microsoft Store Logout

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Logout: When I try to sign out of my Microsoft Account on the Microsoft Store, it does not let me. I click sign out, put in my other accounts info, click log in, but it brings me back to the original account. I have seen someone else with a similar problem and were told to look in...
  3. Automatic logout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic logout: Want to stop automatic logout in Windows 10. I have tried all the suggestions previously described from a few years ago. Does someone have a more recent post? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-logout/bc048ca3-df78-413d-a983-a6ac2413db35
  4. Automatic logout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic logout: Want to stop automatic logout in Windows 10. I have tried all the suggestions previously described from a few years ago. Does someone have a more recent post? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-logout/bc048ca3-df78-413d-a983-a6ac2413db35
  5. Automatic logout

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. logout of Microsoft

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    logout of Microsoft: I would like to log out of microsoft, and let my roommate login, but can't logout. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logout-of-microsoft/02b0f081-28d6-4eed-a562-f896896c8e96
  7. How to logout of user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to logout of user: so i just got a new cpu mobo ram setup and did a fresh install of windows on a new m.2 ssd but instead of logging onto my old account i logged into new account when doing the install now im stuck on this account and i need to go back to the old one to do stuff on this pc need...
  8. Language change logout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language change logout: Changing language in Win 10 requires a logout... fine.. However admin accounts act differently than user accounts.. As admin: When you select new language, a windows pops up with option "Yes, sign me out". As user,: There's no pop up. Just some red text saying "Will be...
  9. website won't logout

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    website won't logout: website won't logout https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-wont-logout/ff2b33eb-8a29-4176-bbf9-d0e62308b05c
  10. Profile Logout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Profile Logout: My laptop is issued by my high school, and when I got it, it showed the "other user" screen to log in. I logged in fine, but after I shut the laptop down, it logged me out, its annoying to have to put in my username every time I want to log in to my computer. How do get it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remotely log out of onedrive

2. onedrive remote logout not work

3. windows 10 logout onedrive