Windows 10: Remote Mapped Drive

Discus and support Remote Mapped Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So instead of accessing a remote pc. Is it possible to access a remote mapped drive of that pc? so instead of signing on remote desktop, all is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dipppie, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Dipppie Win User

Remote Mapped Drive

So instead of accessing a remote pc. Is it possible to access a remote mapped drive of that pc?

so instead of signing on remote desktop, all is needed is the mapped drive, because of the accounting software file share on it.

:)

Dipppie, Oct 22, 2018

2. cannot open files on network shared drive

Is the remote shared folder mapped? Do you have a drive letter assigned to it?
    I'd suggest calling the software developer and asking them.

thebluebumblebee, Oct 22, 2018
  3. rhegde Win User
    Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Oct 22, 2018
  4. CraigS Win User

Remote Mapped Drive

Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Remote Mapped Drive

1. Remote Mapped Drive - Similar Threads - Remote Mapped Drive

2. mapping a drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mapping a drive: Hello, I need to map a drive for a public computer, The account on this computer does not have access to the drive. however, whoever uses the computer and double click the drive icon must enter their credentials every time. Thank you...
  3. mapping a drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mapping a drive: Hello, I need to map a drive for a public computer, The account on this computer does not have access to the drive. however, whoever uses the computer and double click the drive icon must enter their credentials every time. Thank you...
  4. mapping a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop Mapped Network Drives not workingupdating

Microsoft Remote Desktop Mapped Network Drives not workingupdating: My issue is that i have a softwareOptimaint That uses files in a mapped network drive to assign a template for a print job. but it seems when using the RDP client the printing does not work but when i remote desktop directly to the server all is well and optimaint gets the...
  6. Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapped Drive: Hi! I am trying to connect my Primary Windows 10 PC to my other Windows 10 PC. Windows is throwing this error when I try to connect to the primary PC. I've tried the primary username the secondary user name and added a separate user on the primary with another Outlook...
  7. mapping/mapped drives

mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  8. mapping drives

mapping drives: a mapped fileon a nas does not appear in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapping-drives/3a64c372-5ac3-48ff-a979-859635f00820"
  9. Mapped Drive

Mapped Drive: Hello, I have two mapped network drives, one is 1 tb, the other is 10tb. The issue is that when I go into This PC in the file explorer, windows shows that they have 87.7mb free of 92.9mb. This is true for all drives mapped, no matter the size or what is on them. This...
  10. map drive

map drive: Desktop win 10 updates all done. My dlink DIR880L router has two WD usb drives attached. I need to map these drives. On file explorer- This PC the router shows but not the drives. A double click on the router gives me four folders, one is browse folders that will open to...